Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about a week and a half ago I thought Gaby was starting to go into heat, but it turns out that it was a false alarm, thank goodness :lol: , so I've decided to make the appointment to have her spayed...

I was just wondering if there are any other things I should ask the vet about other than the obvious things like NO ACE, which they don't use at all in that clinic, and to do the blood work prior to the surgery....I'm a little worried since this is the first time my little girl will be anesthetized, so what I'm thinking of doing is asking if I could attend the surgery...also I think that they will be keeping her overnight, does anyone think that this is necessary? although it might be a good thing, I've read on other postings and I haven't come across any that have had to leave there boxer overnight.

As the date approaches I get a little more worried, I hope everything will go well for her.

G

·
0 Posts
I made sure Binga had the blood work done too.  The vet that did Binga's surgery didn't keep them over night.  I was glad to get to take her home and I have heard that they heal better at home than alone at night at the vet.  May be a myth, but I think Binga would have been even more sad if I got her the next day.  She was all depressed looking on the way home.  She was back to her normal self the next day though.  

Not sure what else to ask about.  Them not using ACE was my main concern and if they had them on a heart monitor (which I am sure they ALL do).

I'm sure Gaby will do fine.  Its ok and normal to worry though.  I know I did!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Piper just got spayed this week (On Wednesday)...and is our vet's policy to keep them overnight.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
We haven't had Sadie spayed yet, but asking about ACE would be my number one question. Also we are going to have the blood work done.

Good luck Gaby! I' sure she'll do fine  :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think you got it all covered :) Some vets will keep the females overnite, some won't..If your vet advises it, he would have a reason why, generally they go home the same day tho

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Ahhh good luck Gaby, sending Boxer wiggles and kisses from Zulu :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts