Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yes and Yes! You can help the gas by feeding them about a tablespoon or two of plain lowfat yogurt daily. You can mix it in their kibble or feed it alone as a treat.  :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
This worked great with Duke you would not believe how bad his was....he still has some but its like 90% better.

G

·
0 Posts
my only advice - don't ever feed them raw broccoli if they sleep with you  8O

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Plain lowfat is the best, they don't need the added sugar.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Plain, non fat yogurt is the best invention for Boxers :) 1 tsp a day you will see some great results...Also IF it doesn't work, look at his food, some foods will give terrible gas 8O

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
[quote="grammie\";p=\"112141":13p8bsve]my only advice - don't ever feed them raw broccoli if they sleep with you

G

·
0 Posts
i tried raw broccoli in the ground raw  batch once.  BIG mistake!

yogurt definitely does help.  my thor gets the runs from yogurt though.

come to think of it, since being on dogzymes probiotics which is similar to giving them plain yogurt, they really don't get the stinky toots unless they eat something new.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
[quote="grammie\";p=\"112141":c6b6zh9h]my only advice - don't ever feed them raw broccoli if they sleep with you

G

·
0 Posts
zulu";p="112430 said:
[quote="grammie\";p=\"112141":18jhg5g0]
Nothing worse then having your boxers butt in your face on a Sunday morning and being woken by the worst rotten smell in your life, Boxer gas is yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :-&
[/quote:18jhg5g0]

oh man when i get up to go pee and LOSE MY SPOT, i end up having to use one of their butts for a pillow some nights.  they are both too heavy for me to budge.

like something crawled in there and died    :evil:

only a boxer lover would put up with that   8O

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
grammie";p="112433 said:
[quote="zulu\";p=\"112430":2sssggx5][quote="grammie\";p=\"112141":2sssggx5]
Nothing worse then having your boxers butt in your face on a Sunday morning and being woken by the worst rotten smell in your life, Boxer gas is yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :-&
oh man when i get up to go pee and LOSE MY SPOT, i end up having to use one of their butts for a pillow some nights.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am going to talk to my vet about the powder I have heard about that has the same enzyme base ( pro-biotic ) to sprinkle on Ashleys food. Although in most "food" issues she seemly has a gut of steel..dairy is a big no no for her tummy.
I have her in bed with me at night to since DH is out of town..and have actually been wakened by myself gagging from the odors..she does the silent but deadlys most of the time..poor thing..to be a walking gas machine...and why DO they insist on sleeping with their butts in your face?? haven't quite figured that out  :roll:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
[quote="AshleysMom\";p=\"112442":2kenlcs1]I am going to talk to my vet about the powder I have heard about that has the same enzyme base ( pro-biotic ) to sprinkle on Ashleys food. Although in most "food" issues she seemly has a gut of steel..dairy is a big no no for her tummy.
I have her in bed with me at night to since DH is out of town..and have actually been wakened by myself gagging from the odors..she does the silent but deadlys most of the time..poor thing..to be a walking gas machine...and why DO they insist on sleeping with their butts in your face?? haven't quite figured that out

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
AshleysMom\";p=\"112442 said:
I am going to talk to my vet about the powder I have heard about that has the same enzyme base ( pro-biotic ) to sprinkle on Ashleys food. Although in most "food" issues she seemly has a gut of steel..dairy is a big no no for her tummy.
For the dairy sensitive doggies, these two products would help also with the digestive issues and gas.

http://www.eaglepack.com/Pages/HS_Solution.html

http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/DOGzyme.htm

They are both great probiotics to supplement them with!

·
Registered
105 Posts
you can also put bean-o in their food and it drastically reduces the gas.  I like when my pups have gas and its loud and they scare or surprise themselves, this makes me laugh.  However I have been accused of acting like a 37 y.o. 3rd grader.:)
-Rich

·
Registered
526 Posts
1boxer\";p=\"112516 said:
you can also put bean-o in their food and it drastically reduces the gas.  I like when my pups have gas and its loud and they scare or surprise themselves, this makes me laugh.  However I have been accused of acting like a 37 y.o. 3rd grader.:)
-Rich
Rich I am in the same boat.... except I'm a 33yr old 3rd grader, LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts