Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to forums hehe and I was just wondering how long can a boxer puppy be left alone for, because in the mornings I am at school and my parents are working. So this means the puppy would be left alone for about 7 hours. Is getting a boxer puppy not a good idea until summer vacation? Someone plz help me.

G

·
0 Posts
a young puppy shouldn't be left alone for very long at all...They say 1 hour per month of life- so at 8 weeks, the most that puppy can hold it is 2 hours..and that's pushing it.  I would recommend waiting until summer vacation because then you would have more time to work on housebreaking and training as opposed to spending the day at school.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Emilio\";p=\"84758 said:
Okay thank you very much I guess I have to wait until summer :'(, but it's for the best.
It may take you awhile to find a good puppy from a reputable breeder often there is a waiting list.  Please do not get a puppy from a Back Yard Breeder or Pet Store.  There are a great number of Boxers that are in rescues also, so you may want to keep that open as an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts