Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am home today and had some errands to run.   My dog walker comes on Tues, Thurs and Fri.  However I left at 11am got back 1:15 .....she has not been here.  Now its 1:25 and I have not walked the pups because I have to pay her whether I cancel for the day or am working.   However I am EXTRELEMY mad that its 1:30 and no dog walker.   We leave at 7am, my husband gets home by 3am.   If she is coming at 1:30-2pm its pointless.   I need someone here 11:30-12:00.  

So I hate to be mean but I really gotta say something!!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I would definately say something and wouldn't feel guilty about it.  And there are ways to go about it without being mean.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would definitely say something!  Have you run into this situation with her before?  If not, maybe she has a valid reason for being late today, but if not, i'd probably let her know exactly what i expect out of her services and that if she cannot meet her obligations that someone else surely will.  Did you sign a contract with her?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know.   Last week the weather was bad, my husband did not have to work.  I called her ahead of time and told her we were home.  She still charges me for the day.   Its hard because not my fault its bad weather and I understand you reply on the $$$ but this after 1:30 crap is unreal.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok she is here and sooo nice that I cannot be mean.    :cry:    The dogs love her and she is taking them out right now.  I feel bad that I am here - like Icannot care for my kids but hey, if I am paying, she is working.  ha ha  (just kidding)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Have her explain her lateness and emphasize the fact that the pups need to be walked at a certain time.  If it happens again, maybe look into getting someone else.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I don't see it as you being mean, she is taking your money with a promise to provide a service in exchange, if she is not prompt about the duties she is being paid for you are in full right to confront her about it, after all she works for you  :D

G

·
0 Posts
I would still ask what time she has been coming to walk them.  If yall agreed on a certain time that is when she needs to come.  Even if she is nice, your doggies need their walk!    :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
As you have to pay regardless if she shows up, an apology might be nice..I am sure she is very aware of when she is supposed to be there and why..If I got that, I would be happy

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
boy id be mad too...i mean why come walk them an hour before hubby comes home? why would you pay for that? makes no sense..

did she have something important to do? i mean even if so CALL YOU AND TELL YOU..you pay her for a service...

i know what you mean about she showed up and was so nice...you could say it nicely ..." around what time do you usually come to walk them?" if she says 130 or 2..you could nicely say could you please come at noon b/c 130 is too late for us leaving the house at 7 am"

i think shed understand..

paying reguardless is a little crazy though..you cant control the weather... its a business and a flat rate..so if shes going the professional route then uhmm be professional and show up on time and call if you cant

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would talk to her also, if you had an agreement that she come at certain time then she should be there at that time.  If she can't, she needs to inform you so you can make other arrangements if needed.  At least she didn't have to make the trip in bad weather since you were considerate enough to let her know you were home.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know I thought to myself for the 75.00 bucks a week I am ready to just cancel and I will steam clean any pee thats in my carpets weekly - ha ha ha ha.

The kid have been SOOOOOOO good.  Plus they have learned their love of classical music so think thats helping too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts