Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my application into the Boxer rescue last Friday and I haven't heard anything yet.  I wish they would just even call me and let me know they got it or something.    :aua:  :aua:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Is there a number you can call? Seems to me it didn't take me long to hear back, but keep in mind, it's all volunteers that run these, so sometimes they don't get back to people as fast as they should....I know the feeling tho, tapping the foot, waiting.....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yeah I would give a quick call just to see if they recieved the app. I'll be keeping fingers and paws crossed for ya!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Applications for the rescue that I went through were web based so I got a response that the application was recieved almost right away.  It took awhile for them to check references, vet info, etc.  I rent so they needed a letter from the landlord (my nephew  :D) to make sure it was OK for me to have a dog over 50lbs.  They only check the mailbox once a week so it was almost 10 days before they saw that.  Finally I was approved.  Then when Kiah came up for adoption, I have to travel 3 hours to see her and be approved by the foster parents.  They brought her to me the following weekend and also did the home check then.  Quite a process but well worth it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Kiahsmom is right...it does take them some time to call vet and personal references. I am processing applications now for a rescue in Michigan and they aren't required to contact you about your application until they have checked references.

Because they are run by volunteers it usually takes a while for someone to get to it. Especially at our rescue because the applications are flooding in and we had 20 applications just for one dog!

Try e-mailing them or giving them a call. I am sure they could let you know how much longer it would be.

I understand your anxiety...I'm not patient either!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
They can take some time, when i put in it took them about 3 days to call everyone which i thought was quick-it took them almost 3 months to tell me i was denied (they mixed my home inspection up with someone else's) and i only got told i was denied AFTER i emailed them!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well maybe I'll give them a bit more time, I'm not a very patient person either I guess when it comes to that.  When I make my mind up I want something I want it NOW.  LOL

I keep worrying they'll find homes for the couple of dogs that I picked out that I said I wanted and there I will be hunting around again.

Thanks for your encouragement I'll TRY and be a bit more patient.  But it's hard getting on here and seeing all your pictures and I don't have any to share    :?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am like you, I was ready and wanted to adopt right away. When I put my application in, there were two dogs I was interested in and they were adopted before I was approved.  I wanted a female and they then got a whole bunch of males in; I was starting to get discouraged.  Finally a female came up and I put in for her but they said they thought she would do better with someone with another dog in the family; I really was getting concerned by then.  About 10 days later Kiah came up for adoption wasn't sure if I wanted a young dog but put in for her and then was able to go see her.  I knew it was meant to be when I saw her and that I was supposed to wait for her and that was why it took so long.  I was approved in late February and approved to take Kiah in late April.  

I got to see one of the dogs that I missed adopting at our meetup; she was a sweetie and I am glad she got a great home but I wouldn't trade Kiah for any other dog or all the money in the world.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well then maybe there's a reason for me having to wait, just like you.......maybe MY dog isn't there yet or something.  That's a nice way to think of it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well Deb, even if you don't end up getting the one that you want, at least you know the dog went to a good home.

We have tons of applications waiting to be called on, but once those dogs are released to new homes, they have a whole waiting list of beautiful dogs.

So don't get discouraged, I am sure they'll get back to you soon, or they might bring in some new babies and you'll get a different one.

We have a really long waiting list right now of dogs waiting to come to the rescue from other shelters....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same problem I've been looking to adopt a dog for several months now.  Most rescue organizations have not yet responded.  I have previos boxer experience and was also looking into adopting a senior boxer.  I have even visited an adoption day for one of the rescues and still no response.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I finally got one today on my own, so if they contact me now, I'll have to tell them they're too late.  I tried.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts