Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo...I got fired yesterday from the PetSmart training. I was doing it for 6 months and my area trainer whos a royal b**** had been on me about selling classes. Yesterday I got to work and the GM told me she wanted me out..but he wanted me to stay with PetSmart as a cashier and some other stuff...HAH!! So I quit. OH...and the nerve of that guy...he fired me from pet training and then asked me to stay and do my class...I said, "Wait a second, you just fired me from that position and you want me to stay here and do you that favor?? I don't think so...Holly can do it." (Holly is the area pet trainer who fired me.) I cried and I'm still kinda down about it...I'm worried about finances. I'm putting myself through college and am paying some bills.

Now that brings me to the Wellness dog food...it ties in with getting fired/quitting. Zoe ran out of her Nature's Recipe yesterday...and stupid me quit before i could pick up another bag and get my discount...plus i didnt want to show my face around PetSmart today as i probably would have punched Holly in the face. So i went to petco...no large breed puppy formula....petsupermarket...no large breed puppy formula. So i thought ok ill switch. I picked up Nutro Ultra, brought it home and then read the ingredients. It really bothered me that corn gluten meal was so high on the ingredient list, so 15 mins later I returned it and picked up Wellness....well...at $50 a bag, its not cheap considering my current financial situation. Being that its Sunday, 6pm...all the stores are closing and little Zoe is getting hungry. I could start her on the Wellness and next time, when i feel comfortable going back there, pick up her Nature's Recipe...but I really dont want to keep switching back n forth. Its bad enough that I dont even have enough of her old food to do a transition. How long does a 30lb bag last anway?? I'm so....overwhelmed. Between the dog food, getting fired, finances, and doing crappy in school....I'm really overwhelmed.
My head is so foggy right now...I'm not even sure what my question is. Just any advice on anything I wrote would be helpful.

p.s...little Zoe is growing like a weed! Those legs have shot up...were entering awkward teen stage!! Ill post some pics later...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hey'
sorry you are having a stressful time right now :(
Good for you for telling your GM to find someone else to do your class- the nerve of some people!  I am such a push over I probably would have done it. Try to think of it this way- now you don't have to work under such a b. and maybe find something even better :)
She will be fine with the wellness, just make as good of a transition as you can... get some yogurt and pumpkin in case she gets the runs.
Good luck in school- I feel ya there!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the responses....I forgot an interesting story...

On our little dog food adventure today, people would come up to pet my girls. Xena would present herself first, pushy as she is, with her stub wagging and body wiggling. She ate up every bit of praise and petting. When someone attempted to pet her little sister Zoe, shed growl and nip at the person. My mom said it could have been a jealousy thing...to me it seemed like she was trying to protect her....or maybe she's just being possessive. What do you guys think??

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Big hugs for such a lousy day and for being treated so crappy....A 30 lb bag should last you a few weeks really, how much are you feeding a day? I think I go thru a 35 lb bag every 3 weeks with 2, so you may get about a month out of one bag. As far as the transition, do the best you can, and like was laready said, just get a couple containers of yogurt and a can of pumpkin, just in case..With the pumpkin, what I do is put it in small baggies and freeze it, then pull it out as needed

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
sorry that your day was so cruddy! i can understand being upset over all this....a 30 lb bag lasts me about 2 to 3 weeks with two boxers. Usually only two though because we feed Reese more right now since she is still growing. I hope things look up...just remember that the though the petsmart job brough money in for you, it wasnt the job you werent meant for at this time in your life. I am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason....things will get better! Please keep us posted on how things are for you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey sorry to hear about your day!

I feel for you though im working my way through college as well, but i have to say having that pup there waiting wheni get home feels good!

Hope things get better for you!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Sorry to hear you had a bad day. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you are better off not having those types of people in your life (bi!c%'s)! Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hey  it can happen to the best of us! I got fired  almost 5 1/2 yrs ago from a job I hated with a boss who was a royal b**ch and 2mos later cfame up on a job I love making twice what I was there. So hang in there it will get better  :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
WOW that sux. I quit my job a couple weeks ago becuase my boss was a unfair bastich

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Wow...I'm so sorry to hear about ALL OF THAT!! I remember how excited you were to get the job. That really sucks... we're pretty worried about finances too right now... so I know how you feel. Well, just start searching for another job and hopefully something BETTER will come your way.... with better co-workers/bosses.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we have pumpkin in the house leftover from the holidays...ill give it a try. I gave her some of the Wellness a few hours ago and she INHALED it within seconds...the Nature's Recipe she'd kinda pick at for a few mins unless she was really hungry...the wellness though she LOVES!! I just gotta find a job now to finance this expensive food...lol and thanks everyone for your kind words....very much appreciated.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry to hear about your problems, it is tough when you have to stretch your finances.  Hope something comes along that you love and pays really good.

Just a reminder, don't use the pie filling pumpkin but the natural pumpkin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts