Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I maybe a little worry wort but this has got me scratching my head I have noticed for the past 2 weeks boog is picking at his food i usually fill the bowl 3 times a day and now i am down to one. I have not switched food at all so no change in that. I do notice that he is having alot of bm's latley loose but not to loose......if that makes any sense any help or things to try would be a great help

·
Registered
94 Posts
check his temp?
gus did that when he was going thru a big growth spurt, and even still does (he's 8 months) and when he is achey he does not eat well..
maybe a baby asprin, and take his temp to be sure, if it continues maybe a trip to the vet...
Hope he is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hopefully he is just having a little growth spurt like Boxermom said..Or maybe he is just sick of his food?  I honestly have no idea but hoping Boog starts eating soon..  remember a worrying mommy is a great mommy  :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Has he been checked for worms?  If the loose stool continues I would have him checked or at least take a fresh sample in to be checked. If you can take a temp and it is normal (100 to 102) and he is otherwise acting like his old self I would say growth spurt too...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He has been wormed and i did check his temp and it was norm his bm's are better now and the food is still not going well the vet said maybe a growth spurt just keep an eye on him thank for all the info will keep all posted on my baby

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I wouldnt worry too much if all else is well!! I was always told a dog will NOT starve himself  :wink:  Roxy use to do this ALOT when she was a puppy! After 20 minutes Id pick it up and she eventually got the point its either eat now or forever hold your piece!!!  :wink:  We are goign through another little non eating spurt!! She was getting 3 cups a day and went down to about a half!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
He could have gotten into something you don't know about or like what was mentioned just slowing down and not needing as much.  I know that we had alot of trouble with Teaki, she just would not eat and only usually at enough to exist.  She didn't like any dog food.  We also went through some issues with all three of them when we were switching foods trying to get Teaki to eat something (this went on for 5 years with her).  We would buy a bag of food and the two would eat it great (Teaki would sniff and walk away, sometimes eating just a few pieces) and then we would get another bag of the SAME FOOD and the other two wouldn't eat it either.  Sometimes you can get a bad/old bag of food and the dogs won't eat it.  Good luck.  I am sure he will come out of it and be back to eating as much or more than he did before!

·
Registered
780 Posts
He could have gotten into something you don't know about or like what was mentioned just slowing down and not needing as much.  I know that we had alot of trouble with Teaki, she just would not eat and only usually at enough to exist.  She didn't like any dog food.  We also went through some issues with all three of them when we were switching foods trying to get Teaki to eat something (this went on for 5 years with her).  We would buy a bag of food and the two would eat it great (Teaki would sniff and walk away, sometimes eating just a few pieces) and then we would get another bag of the SAME FOOD and the other two wouldn't eat it either.  Sometimes you can get a bad/old bag of food and the dogs won't eat it.  Good luck.  I am sure he will come out of it and be back to eating as much or more than he did before!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts