Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor baby just isn't herself:( which is to be expected I guess. The vet said she probably wouldn't eat yesterday but should start today, but she still hasn't touched her food or water. I am going to call the vet later this afternoon if she doesn't at leat drink something. I talked to the vet when I went to pick her up. He said her uterus was very large and had alot of scarins so it was a bit more difficult then the norm, but she did good. I had presurgical blood work done also(checks kidneys liver ect ect.) Her liver enzymes are high the norm is to 100, hers is at 220. He said while its high they don't tend to really worry about it unless it reaches well into the 300's. I am suppose to watch for latharcy(sp) and vomiting if that happens ever I am to bring her right in so they can do another test. I asked him about the High protien food I was feeding her he said it COULD have something to do with it. So I no longer am going to feed her it. I am switching to Solid Gold. Just not sure about feeding it to my allergy prone Pitbull. :? Forgot to add She gained almost 3 lbs since I adopted her :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
Poor Gisselle!  She will be back to normal soon.  She's been through major surgery and it will take time to feel good again.  Just make sure she doesn't like too much down there and rip the stitches.  I hope she at least drinks something for you soon!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hugs to Gisselle today.   :goodman:  Hope she is feeling better soon.
I don't know what food you were feeding, but Solid Gold is an excellent natural food. It doesn't have any corn, wheat, or soy products in it so it should be great for your allergy prone pit also. Those 3 products are big allergens, so the solid gold should be fine.   :wink:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hope she gets back to her old self soon!  We were lucky in that Charlie didn't have any complications.  I picked him up the next day and he went straight to drinking and eating like nothing had happened!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
When we got Savannah she had just been spayed as well. it took her about a week before she actually sat down and would actually eat. She didnt eat the first 2 days though when she came home to us.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I know when we had Lucy (Black lab/whippet mix) it took her quite some time to get back to her normal dog self.  I'd just keep an eye on things, I'm sure she is A-ok!  :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie was pretty groggy for a day, but then she was back to her normal self again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts