Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard about this story on the evening news tonight...It happened in Nova Scotia which is a neighbouring province to me
and is actually the province where I am originally from. It makes me sick what some people do...or don't do I guess is more appropriate - I really hope
someone comes down hard on this case...for the animals sake.
Here's the written press release I thought I'd share with the rest of you....

[i:3e7c8pzn]On Saturday, February 2nd, two NS SPCA investigators, two special constables and five RCMP officers arrived at Celtic Pets Rescue in Cape Breton with a warrant to seize the animals in their care.  Celtic Pets of Cenataph Rd in Port Hastings, is an animal shelter run by Zonda MacIsaac, someone who has been active in animal rescue in NS for a number of years.  What the officers found there was over one hundred animals, all victims of horrible neglect.  They were housed in two buildings: one an unfinished kennel building and the other an unlived-in house that was used solely for animal habitation. One of the buildings hadn't been attended to in over 65 hours. The house had cats running free in a basement that had a sewage back-up so the cats were literally in a sess pool. Ammonia levels were incredibly high, burning eyes and throat as our investigator entered. The cats were desperately trying to get out of the sewer water that covered the floor.  There were also dead animals on-site in amongst the living or partially living.

"This has been a very troubling investigation for the SPCA" states Pamela Keddy, president of the NS SPCA.  "This situation was particularly difficult since it involved a member of the rescue community. The SPCA and rescuers all work together to assist one another to help animals so to have the SPCA remove animals from someone who thought they were helping is sad beyond belief. What we discovered at out seizure was by far worse than we had even anticipated.  It unfortunately now has the SPCA re-evaluating current and future partnerships with other animals

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
OMG how disgusting!! What is wrong with people??? Even if their intentions were good to start with, something went terribly wrong. What makes it even worse is the SPCA statement that now they must evaluate their future relationships with any rescue. That would be devastating to the rescues that are doing a good job. Terrible situation all the way around :(

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya it gives everyone else out there that is trying to do good a bad name...i'm not sure if rescue shelters are regulated and inspected or anything but not just anyone should be able to rescue them...the poor animals have already been through enough!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts