Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading through old posts today and happened across the one on black boxers.  I thought that someone might find this odd that this person is selling "black boxer" beauties with full registration.  As I understood it, black boxers are non existant, misadvertised if only sold as black and not black brindle,  and they are not part of the breed standard.  Just check out this link.  It is mind boggling.

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/do ... b951.aspx#

~Anne

·
Registered
744 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not as odd as I would like to think it is. "Black" boxers are the new trend, or fad, and a ploy by irresponsible breeders to market something as "rare" or "unusual" so that they can get more money for them.

The black color is a genetic impossibility in purebred boxers. Either the dogs are truly reverse brindle and being falsely advertised, or they are a mix between a boxer and another breed.

Additionally, as you've noted, our breed standard clearly states that the fawn undercoat must clearly show through.

These dogs are very incorrect for our breed, and should not be bred from.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
This is a great example of BYB's just breeding for nothing but money. It truly disgusts me. Years ago a white boxer was advertised as "rare". Now they are doing it with the reverse brindles. It is really sad what they are doing to the breed.
Not only with boxers, but even these designer breeds they are marketing now. Take the Labradoodle, Puggle, Cockapoo, and any other breeds they are going to mix to advertise these "rare new" breeds for thousands of dollars.  And, the really sad part is that people will pay these prices for these mutts and help support these lunatics for doing this. Anything for a buck!  :no:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, tootie... I just noticed on your signature that Buster is boxing at the bridge..... I have heard a story like that before and I know it has something to do with going to heaven with your pets... could you tell it to me again!  Thanks!
~Anne

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi Anne,
There are a lot of poems out there, but I think you are referring to the Rainbow Bridge poem. Here it is. Grab a tissue. :cry:

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the story I was remembering.  Wow!  I love it.... and yes, I needed tissues!  
~Anne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts