Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was just wondering does any of your dogs go after your feet, slippers, socks, or bottom of pants like my dog, and if there is any way to stop this cause it does hurt, i tired the sour apple spay and it seems to not work, and i put him in time out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I still haven't found a way to make the monster stop and the sour apple spray only made it worse. For the monster it is all about getting you to play with him. So I have to stop what I am doing make him stop tell him to sit  and stay then I will play with him.......on my terms dictated  by him

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie and Maggie both did that when they were young... onces they hit about 3 months it stopped....Maggie will eat or chew on anything that drops to the floor...  Jessie will only take a shoe when she gets bored... we leave shoes out all the time and she rarely goes near them

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I never had a problem with mine going after my feet other than sometimes trying to lick them if I  was sitting down...Now Angel is a thief, but that's a whole new area....Bitter Apple doesn't work on all dogs, never did for mine. The best thing you can do is distract him, give him an acceptable thing to chew on..And keep telling him no...It will sink in after awhile

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
The best way I can get the point across to mine is by giving them a "job".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts