Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

going for ride

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Zhanna 
#1 ·
I take rocko every where i go and he likes it he rides in the front or back seat when my wife and kids are with me i have two kids and one on the way and when my new baby gets here rocko will have no place execpt the bed to ride has anyone here take there boxer for rides in the bed of the truck how did it go.

#3 ·
Honestly, law or no law, I hate seeing any dog in the bed of a pick-up. Too dangerous!

#5 ·
Please don't do that...I've seen too many dogs fall or jump out...It's not worth it..If you carry a crate in the back, that's fine, but just to let him loose, I wouldn't do that..And yes I know some states DO have laws against that as well

#7 ·
Ohhh...please don't put him in the truck bed..first off..the dog can't grip anything, as most vehicle beds are metal. Think about this..what if you had to slam on the brakes?? you know where Rocko would go?? out the side..off the back...
And the thoughts above are so true..he might see something "interesting" ( someone on a bike..another animal... ) and just leap..maybe right into traffic.
If you must take him.. ( know Ashley goes with me evrywhere that allows dogs too ) please get him a plastic kennel and line it so he has a bit of security, and bungee cord it down.. ( sorry..I heard about someone losing their dog because they got in a wreck and the kennel flew out, and got hit by another car.)
This is just my opinion, but I would rather have you come HOME to a safe little guy like Rocko, then to have to face the numerous dangers of a dog not restrained INSIDE a vehilce. Maybe it will make your trips when its just you and your boy a whole lot more special for both of you!!

#10 ·
You could always get one of those camper/shell thingies that cover the whole bed of the truck.  They even have screened windows in them now so air can flow through.  Our neighbor got one of those.  He just opens up the back and the doggies jump in and are safe. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.