Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gisselle has seperation anxiety and she "freaks out" when she is kennled so I have been leaving her in the house for shoet periods of time when I go outside to see if that would be better. Well she has gone in the house twice now Poo and pee. Thats the only time she does that is when shes alone. i do come in a check on her, I don't make a big deal about it, I just walk in get some thing and go back out, she can even see me through the window. Is there anything else I can do? Will it get better in time?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Our dogs have all been fine in the crate (we started them when they were very young).  We just gradually left them out for longer periods as they got older (2-3yrs) and they have all done fine.  Is it just the kennel she doesn't like?  How does she do in a crate?  We also leave animal planet on the TV for them so they can hear it.  

My FIL had a great dane and it had very bad separation anxiety, he ate the couch, table and actually scratched through part of a wall, it didn't seem to matter how long he was left alone he just couldn't take it.  I am sure with lots of training he might have gotten better but my FIL ended up giving him to someone who was home alot and he didn't have to be left alone very much.  He was a great dog otherwise.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
My last boxer had SA really bad too, and would literally break out of his crate. Gisselle should get better with time. When she starts to realize that you always come back it should get easier on her. The only thing I can recommend is that you take her outside and tire her out with a lot of play first. That way she might do her bathroom stuff outside and come back in and maybe actually rest after playing. She might release the energy on playing rather than the anxiety of being in the house alone. I also agree to turn on the TV or a radio on low, just so there is some background noise for her. Good Luck with this, I know how frustrating it is.  :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts