Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My darling Flaco who's my pride and joy rescued from Craigslist's a year and a half ago(he's 3 now)is the best friend everyone who can ask for but once in a while and with us being in the house he decides to go potty.Just today when I got up I found he had lifted his leg up against my china closet urinating on it and left another "present" on my kitchen floor. I can't understand this kind of behavior after being so good for such a long time and able to hold it in for hours on end.Can anyone give me a hint of how to correct this problem?
Also, since the minute we got him he will ONLY go in our yard, no matter how long he's outside rollerblading with my son he just refuses to go anywhere but in our yard which is fine .If he would just use the same criteria insted of going in the house in the middle of the night :>)
Thanks for listening.
Lidia

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I really don't know.  Duke will go in the spare bedroom if we leave the door open, and that is where his crate is.  I know that the crate is supposed to be there quite place but it is the only place I can put them and I can't leave the door open if he is going to go in and pee and poop all over.  Otherwise he doesn't potty in the house at all, he will go outside.  

Sorry I can't help, just sympathize.  :) I hope it gets better.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I know the feeling!!! Sam was doing so good out of his crate during the day, then I noticed Lucy sniffing around my dining room rug the other day. Sure enough, he lifted his leg on my dining table and christened my new dining room area rug - boy, was I ticked!! Now, I have to do a spot check every day when I come home. Gotta love those kids...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses, I have another mutt who's also a rescue and he gave me his share of surprises for a long time and now he's really good. My oldest son says that being him the alpha male he probably tells flaco in "doggie language" to "go ahead and poop and tinkle everywhere" so he can get in trouble with mom which I'm starting to believe that to be possible:>)
I never crated my animals cause we all have schedules which allowed someone to be home at all times.
Needless to say they took over the house and that's ok, even poop is ok( don't tell them though) but if it's something that really turns my stomach is to clean urine and I dislike the feeling of waking up to start my day with such a mess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts