Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Tomorrow is Roxy's first vet visit since being brought to her new home. I have her shot records and AKC papers, but i'm wondering if there is anything specific i should address with the vet.

She seems to be scratching A LOT. My neighbor has a boxer/beagle mix and he said that he had skin mites, but it was taken care of after the vet visit. Does this sound right, shes got a few little bumps and i'm a little worried.

Wish us luck!

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
If it is sacoptic mange it would not be taken care of in just one vet visit, that one is very contagious if your pup was playing with his dog.  It is the very itchy mange that they get.  Mine had it last year probably from a fox where it had laid in our yard. I would check with the neighbor and find out about what kind of mite it was and let your vet know.  

Nano

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she had it before meeting the other pup. She had them the day we came home and didnt meet the other dog till the next day. She was scratching before she met any other dogs really...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would still ask the neighbor and if that's the case let them know. It could be flea allergy and I'm not sure what you can use on a puppy.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I agree with Nano, even if she had the itch before, if the neighbors dog has that type of mange then she could come down with that.  The other thing that you want in her records is for them not to use Acepromazine (see link below)

http://www.jlhweb.net/BOSS/ace.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts