Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a boxer puppy sometime early next year and am starting to do some research now. I'm trying to find a reputable breeder in or around southeastern wisconsin. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I live in south central WI, I know a couple of reputable breeders but they are more working dogs than show dogs. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Not sure how far you are willing to travel but I know there is a litter in the works for next year from a breeder in Indiana, Shaeward Boxers, I would love a pup off this breeding [-O<

http://shaeward.tripod.com/index.html

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm in a pretty similar boat at the moment. I'm in WI and hope to get one next spring, but I'm not sure where to start. I've found quite a few breeders online, but where on earth do you go from there? Most importantly, are there any blacklisted Wisconsin "breeders" to stay away from? I certainly wouldn't want to end up making a mistake in such an important decision.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
xtaline; there is a great sticky here on 'How to find a good Breeder' and 'What to look for in a Breeder'
If you go to the Breeding sub-forum, the sticky topics are listed first.
BTW: Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
136 Posts
samsonsaunt said:
xtaline; there is a great sticky here on 'How to find a good Breeder' and 'What to look for in a Breeder'
If you go to the Breeding sub-forum, the sticky topics are listed first.
BTW: Welcome to the forums
Thanks. I think I've mastered what things to look for/what questions to ask, but there are some breeders out there that look great until you find out otherwise. Hopefully the few that I've found that look good and reputable end up being so. There's one that has some beautiful dogs that they use for breeding, but they have quite a few so I'm concerned they might be a borderline puppymill, but I can't find any info on them online other than their website. With so much info out there on puppy mills, you'd think someone would make a list to flag those suspected breeders, but I haven't found one for Wisconsin.

I've got an email full of questions in to the suspect one, so hopefully I can get some answers.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Welcome both of you. Congrats on starting your planning early!!!! Its going to be well worth it in the end. If you have any questions specifically, please feel free to send me a PM and I will be glad to help you in any way find that perfect pup from a reputable breeder.

I do have a list of breeders online as well as some contacts (maybe the same as barbs) but tonight and send you some links and contact info of where a good place to start is. There maybe some upcoming shows or even Boxer Club events that could post as awesome events to meet breeders as well as their dogs. I will try to look for those too!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
You might want to take a look at the Tree Towns Boxer Club, I don't know any of them personally that are breeding or have litters but I believe that most health test and show.

You may also want to contact the Green Acre Boxer Rescue, they have some breeders they will recommend. The GABR Boxer Bash is this weekend in De Pere, a great way to see some boxers :)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Not sure how far you are willing to travel but I know there is a litter in the works for next year from a breeder in Indiana, Shaeward Boxers, I would love a pup off this breeding
Shaeward Boxers in very reputable, they do everything by the book and I believe they have outstanding show quality puppies. Yeah, I'd love to have one their's someday!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good evening fellow Boxers:

Milwaukee Wisconsin has a Boxer Club that is licensed with the AKC, we would love to help people find a good dog, and then hopefully join the club to promote and support our breed.

Please email me and I will get details to you

Marylou Mäder
Director
membership Chairperson
Boxer Club of Milwaukee
since "1952"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts