Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Pennsylvania. I am probably will be looking for another puppy to be Bruno's friend in a year or so. Emma is getting old and she doesn't like the puppy play.
This time I want to do it slowly. First find a good breeder, put a deposit and wait until I find the right puppy.
It will be great if I can find a Breeder in East Pennsylvania or North Jersey, but is ok if I need to travel two or three hours.
Anyone can recommend me one?
I want a Breeder that test for health issues, that no do inline breeder and is not a commercial breeder. One or two litters a year. Also, I would prefer that her dogs are family dogs, not keep in kennels outside the house.
Do I asking for too much? LOL

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Asking to not do line breeding may be harder. Most breeders use it, but some not as close as others. Is it really important for you that they don't do any line breeding?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Sarah,
I think Boxers already have so many health issues that line breeding can make it worst. I don't know much, but it is what I had read.
I am open to suggestions. Cassie die for cancer and now Emma is going to have surgery for three tumors. One is in her leg, right in the joint. Cassie had so many allergies problems. :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got my puppy in January. The breeder is in Birkley Springs WV. She breeds only once or twice a year and are family dogs. She does take the puppy to the vet and gives a 1 year warranty on health issues. Puppies are kept with the family. The breeders name is Suzys Boxers. You can google her. So far I am happy and my vet said the puppy is in great shape. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I
Thank You! I emailed them! How much I should expect to pay for a puppy?
I know that I contacted them before I found Logan's breeder, but I can't remember what their prices were. I just remember that all along the east coast the majority of breeders were pricier than I expected. I didn't mind paying for a quality puppy, but I knew that other breeders weren't as expensive. I found prices along the east and west coasts were about the same and the cheapest were in the midwest. Logan and Abby both came from AZ and are from health tested lines (that was my main condition).

·
Registered
907 Posts
Sarah,
I think Boxers already have so many health issues that line breeding can make it worst. I don't know much, but it is what I had read.
I am open to suggestions. Cassie die for cancer and now Emma is going to have surgery for three tumors. One is in her leg, right in the joint. Cassie had so many allergies problems. :(
I understand. I do know that Pheasant Hollow does do line breeding though. You might want to try working breeders. They don't seem to be as on line breeding as much. Of course some line breeding is closer related than others. I would try to find a breeder that doesn't have a history of cancer predominantly in their lines with good longevity.

Here are the U.S. clubs. I don't know how far away from you, you want to go though.
http://www.americanboxerclub.org/us-boxer-clubs.html

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will love to find a breeder with driving distance, but the price is important too. We are retired and a penny help, without sacrificing quality. :) So if the price is very different counting airplane charges and everything I may go anywhere.
I was wondering if is easy to bring a puppy from Ontario. I can drive there if I have to. I was looking at Kaco Boxers and I love that he feed his dogs raw as I do and believe in Limited Vaccines. Also, that is a member of this forum. My major concern is health and temperament, it is why I don't want a Commercial Breeder.
also, will be great to find a breeder that members of this forums had good experience with them.
I don't want a puppy now. Maybe when Bruno is about a year old. I can not live without my Boxers and the day that Emma is not longer with us I will like to get another one. I don't want to rush then. I want to be in a waiting list and have a relationship with the breeder, so she can find the perfect puppy for our family. :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that I contacted them before I found Logan's breeder, but I can't remember what their prices were. I just remember that all along the east coast the majority of breeders were pricier than I expected. I didn't mind paying for a quality puppy, but I knew that other breeders weren't as expensive. I found prices along the east and west coasts were about the same and the cheapest were in the midwest. Logan and Abby both came from AZ and are from health tested lines (that was my main condition).
Can you share with me Logan's breeder? Does she have a waiting list? Will she wait for me until I am ready?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like Kaco Boxers, but is located in Ontario. I wonder if I can bring the puppy to USA. I will drive to pick it up if is ok to bring a dog from Ca to USA in a car.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I personally have seen as low as $850 up to $1,200 as the norm. Shipping is reasonable as well (lower US), although I have never shipped, I took the option for a road trip. Most air nanny's are off duty flight attendants making extra cash.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts