Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with a broken heart that I have to write this post tonight. My brother had to put his beloved dog Semaj ( James backwards) to rest. Semaj fought a long hard battle with lymphoma for the past two years. He underwent moths of chemo and radiation and had been in remission since last April. Although he tired easily, he enjoyed life and was a happy little guy right to the end. Semaj went for a long walk with my brother on Sunday, stole a whole chicken, and snuggled next to my brother all night. Monday morning he didn't get up with my brother but decided to stay in bed. When my brother came home Semaj was still in bed. He had some difficulty walking and standing. Yesterday his condition worsened and my brother discovered an orange sized lump behind is leg. A few months prior to his diagnosis of lymphoma, Semaj had a knee replacement, so my brother thought that maybe that was bothering him as he put on a lot of weight due to steroids. This morning he knew that Semaj was not doing well  at all and decided to take him in to see the vet, knowing deep down that Semaj was probably not going to be coming home with him. He fed him his favorite food pepperoni, and sang his favorite little song to him. When the vet examined him he told my brother that he could try another round of chemo but my brother had made a promise to his best friend that he would not put him through the chemo again, as he knew that it probably would only buy him a short amount of time. Semaj died peacefully in my brothers arms as my brother again sang to him. As hard as it was, my brother said that ending Semaj's suffering was one of the most beautiful moment in his life. I hope our Semaj is painfree and happy and watching over us. We love you Semaj, and it was an honor and a joy to have you in our lives. You may be gone but  you will always remain in our hearts.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm so sorry. My deepest sympathies.

Run free Semaj.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm so sorry for you and your brother's loss. I've been there and have had to make that most difficult decision as well.
It always hurts but it gets a little easier to deal with over time.
Sending you all our love and prayers.

G

·
0 Posts
I am new to this forum and so I don't know any of you or your pets.  But as I read this post I just sat at my desk and balled.  I never knew until recently how much effect an animal could have on someone's life.  They are definetly part of your family.

You and your family will be in my prayers.  From what I read Semaj was loved dearly and had a wonderful life

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Such sad news but your brother did the right thing for his beloved Semaj.  Run free sweet baby.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
luann, i am so sorry to hear that. my heart goes out to you all,semaj i am sure he was a wonderful dog. he is pain free now, no more cancer.he is gone from your lives but never from your memories and your hearts.
god bless.

·
Registered
882 Posts
So sorry to hear about your loss...could not help to shed a few tears after reading your post as I have also recently went through the same thing with my fawn girl Sexy.

My deepest condolence to you and your brother

and may Semaj RIP

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
RIP Semaj!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I am so sorry for your brother's loss Luann. Yes that was the ultimate gift he could have given....Semaj sounds like he was a wonderful friend and will be greatly missed..Run free sweetheeart and God bless

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It amazes me that as I child I dont remember "CANCER"....now it is a crazy beast that seems to touch everyone's life either by human or fur companion. It would be hard to find someone that does not relate to knowing someone special with it..... I am very sorry for your brothers loss. Run Pain Fee Semaj

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sounds like Semaj was a great dog who had a wonderful life with your brother. It's clear that your brother did everything he possibly could for him and that it was just Semaj's time to leave :cry: It is the last kindness we can do for our babies when their time comes. I couldn't even swallow around the lump in my throat as I read the part about his singing to him as he left......I sing Rudolp the Red Nosed Reindeer to these two all the time and can't even bear to think about singing it to them the last time. Hugs and deepest sympathy to you and your brother.

·
Registered
780 Posts
RIP semaj.  So sorry for you and your brothers loss.  It is so hard to lose our fur babies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts