Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chloe was diagnosed with corneal dystrophy when she was a puppy. Her vet said it was something we wanted to keep watch on because sometimes it can progress, sometimes not. I think Chloe's might be progressing. I pray to God I am wrong but after talking to her vet on the phone today, he said it sounds very possible. Late last night I noticed she acted like she was having trouble seeing, this morning the same thing. I knew this was possible but I guess I lived in denial for the last 2 and a half years. I still can't even begin to imagine Chloe going blind and the thought of it just breaks my heart. I have to take her into the vet first thing in the morning so once again I'm asking for some prayers that I get good news. She has proven to me in the last 2 years what a fighter she is but my gawd this just doesn't seem fair to her!!! I only wish the jerk we bought her from could feel just a small piece of what my baby has felt already. I feel so useless cause there isn't a damn thing I can do for her but just sit and watch her go thru this.  :cry:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
sweetie..itll be ok..shes got you...even if that happend..shes seen for 2 1/2 yrs which would help her tremendously..i know its not fair and it would be hard but shes still Chloe and being a fighter would sure help..plus shes got Belle...its remarkable what dogs can accomplish ..they jsut adapt..

but lets think positive..medicine has come so far...maybe there are options..i will pray for her and for you that things work out...promsie you that..

i know you are in NY but you may call and get a second opinion at angel memorial in boston ...they work with tufts and they are constantly researching and are a top vet place in the country...and have payment plans ..never turn anyone away..just a thought to keep in your mind if need be...

im so sorry about this...hurts your heart, i know...i am here if you need to talk or scream or jsut vent...

kisses and hugs to Chloe...will keep praying...just stay strong..

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Chloe's eyesight. Maybe she was just having an off day and it really didn't have anything to do with her eyes. I'll pray that's all it was.
I know it's easier to say but try not to worry too much of Chloe going blind. Actually, dogs adjust sooo much better than humans when they get "disabled." I hate that word. When Buster went blind it was much easier for him to adapt than me. It was heartbreaking to watch, but I don't think animals think of it as a disability. It's just like if they lose a limb, they will adapt and be just fine.
Thoughts and prayers to you and Chloe, and let us know how she does at the vet on Monday. {{{Hugs to you}}}

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i know its not the same but Isis has no idea that she cant hear...none ...you would never know unless i told you..she just adapts and really looks to Onyx and us for help..and remember she was a cage dog by a breeder for yrs..never ever experienced the world ever..not even grass...so coming home with us she was like a puppy all over again....learning everything

like i said i know its not the same..but i do have a very good friend thats blind..from an accident..she was 24 at the time of it..she was devastated at first but she says she sees the world in her head now..as it was when she could see..and she knows her house b/c she lived there before..she knows the noises,people etc...she adapted..she says its not scarey b/c she knows what the things look like that are making the noise or what she bumps into.

just trying to make you feel a little better..hope im not making you feel worse...

could be something simple..just try and stay positive...praying for you >:D<

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sending postive thoughts and vibes and prayers to you and Chloe.   I don't know what to say except that I hope and pray that your news tomorrow will be good.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Shari we will certainly pray for Chloe and keep our hopes up that she is going to be find.  Even if she has this eye problem, good food and care can make all the difference and you certainly have given Chloe that.  We'll all keep positive thoughts that she will be fine.  Please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am praying for Chloe to have a good report from the vet tomorrow, please give her hugs and kisses from Kiah and me.  I agree, dogs seem to do so much better with disabilites; they just seem to take it in stride.   They are amazing creatures.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Hope everything will be okay. So sad to hear this Shari. I am praying it was just an off day and the vet check up gives her and you good news. I will be sending happy thoughts to you and Chloe. She is so lucky to have the Mommy and Daddy she does. She is loved so much and she will get through whatever this is. Please keep us posted. ((hugs))

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Oh man, i hope everything goes well. And if worst comes to worst, she'll be blind, but most likely bond with you so much more. Sending amazingly good vibes your way, I hope there is nothing to worry about..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Keepings fingers crossed for you. Can corneal transplants be done for dogs, like people? If you decide to try a 2nd opinion you could give Cornell a call, they do some amazing things and depending on where in NY you are might be the closest. Good Luck tomorrow!

G

·
0 Posts
Doll....We're walking with you....hand in hand...through this entire journey...lean on us....cuz if you fall....we'll all pick you up!!!!  We love you hun!!!

Keep your chin up!!!!

And remember what I told you on the phone!!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
On the contrary Shari, you are doing everything you can for her and you will continue to do whatever you have to no matter what happens!  You will be able to deal with it - one step at a time.  Have faith in yourself, we all do!!! I don't know anyone else that is more capable to doing all the right things than you are!   Keep us posted on how she is doing and like Liz said, we are all here with you.  Hugs and good vibes to both of you!!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Prayers are being sent Chloe's way.  I hope you have good news tomorrow from the vet.  Boxer kisses from Mo and Niko!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Oh Shari, I'm so sorry! I hope the news tomorrow is good news. IF it's not I could only imagine how devastated you will be... how devastated we will all be but Chloe will be okay. She's STRONG and dogs adjust to their 'disabilities' so much better than humans. Unlike humans... they just adapt and keep on truckin'. Humans tend to go through depression, denial, withdrawal... so many more emotions I could type on forever.

I'm SOO SORRY! Sending HUGS and WONDERFULLY GREAT VIBES your way!!

If you need me... I'm here for you!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i will keep chloe in my thoughts and i hope she will come out of tihs alright. Good luck shari, you are doing all you can for her and always have.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Oh no Shari Im sooo sorry! I sure hope the vet visit goes well tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts