Please smile again
Please don't be sad

I had my run
and it was Grand!

Struddell Williams ( 7/2003-11/25/2013)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
rest in Peace Struddell, I am so sorry for the loss that you and your family are dealing with..I hope peace finds you soon.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I still have to tell the actual story from the 25th but even though she is home again now on the shelf with her buddies... has been for a week. :( I had trouble posting her crossing over!

Just seemed like writing about it made it final! WTH???

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I know, I know. When I lost my two Bengal kitties - brothers Chester and Cheeto - I put their boxes of ashes on top of the grandfather clock where they liked to perch. That was three years ago and the boxes are still there. I can't move them - feels too weird.

Write about it when you are ready.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know, I know. When I lost my two Bengal kitties - brothers Chester and Cheeto - I put their boxes of ashes on top of the grandfather clock where they liked to perch. That was three years ago and the boxes are still there. I can't move them - feels too weird.

Write about it when you are ready.
The Grandfather Clock that's priceless! :)

Cat person also I think I have.. let's see 4 living room cats and 4 bedroom/sunroom cats, different groups, All the kitties loved Struddell! Sat on her head or by her all the time!

I'll get her story on here soon and thanks!

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am so sorry for your loss....beautiful memorial to her..
Thank you just kinda happened..
she had me write the" Blue Spruce" thing and then, this kinda came to me..just 'didn't know what to say...

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very sorry for your loss :cry_baby:
Thank you as many of us know the first couple of days were the hardest.

I couldn't turn off the lights to sleep for a week. I couldn't bear the dark knowing she was not there.

Finally the vet called said she was back from "Bubbling Springs" and I could pick her up.

I called my wife to tell her " You can pick Struddell up after work" and when she picked up the phone... I couldn't speak! The air was sucked out of my lungs!The
only thing I could manage was "Struddell and Vet" between sobs!

Yeah that was a bad day but she is on the shelf back home and I can turn off the lights again! :clap2:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. My Winston's first anniversary in Heaven was December 6. I still haven't moved his ashes from my desk in the study.

Hugs

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so sorry for your loss it hurts so badly but knowing they are there waiting for us helps
Thank you, it looks like your gonna have a Wolf pack up there to! :(

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your poem is a beautiful dedication to her.
Thank you, your girl reminds me of my long lost Stewie (BX/MX) He did not look like a Boxer but had the same eyes,expression and joy! I could not see a Fawn dog without crying for a long time.

That's why I chose a white boxer, got the same Boxereness ( I like to make up words) without the heartbreak!

But I did have one Fawn friend Coco, he helped cheer me up, it's hard to be sad around a Boxer!

·
Registered
101 Posts
That poem 😢😢😢😢😢😢 so beautiful and made me cry! R.I.P. Struddell❤❤❤

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That poem 😢😢😢😢😢😢 so beautiful and made me cry! R.I.P. Struddell❤❤❤

Thank you and yeah it was kinda hard to do at the time. Veil of tears ... You think they are "always" going to with you and one day they are gone. And many (Boxers) way way to soon. :(

Moving on ... I don't do a lot of FaceBook advice can't find stuff once posted and mostly people just post a lot of "Boxers" behaving badly kinda stuff. Rubs me raw. But I did join one of the White Boxer Groups. They may be hard to view right now but I was pretty amazed at the number of them out there. 30 percent of Boxers in fact but you don't see a bunch of White Boxers on any given day.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2265229925/

And back on topic, don't know what your going to do, no right and wrong. But a thought ... you can force yourself to make a choice. A snap decision in the midst of grief is not helpful.

But you could make a decision to decide. A Two week shutdown is often used to help a rescue settle into his new home. It works for dogs I don't see why it won't work for there owners?? You can't move on as it were, with the will I or won't I think hanging over your head.

I'd say try and forget that burden for the present ... give it two weeks and at the end of that time make a commitment to keep the new guy or make the decision to let him go to another home. :discuss:

You don't want to make a snap decision and you can't move on with an open ended no commitment kinda thing. Yes it's a burden put upon and it's not fair but it is what it is. Just a thought, take care. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm actually one of the only people I know without a facebook..although my mom has one she let's me use if I need to look something up. For me it's just everyone I know getting married and having kids and then here I am 26 and happy with a dog lol. But anyways I will check that page out. I have a lot of people asking me why I would want another dog with a short life span..why I'd want to go through that heartache again. I said its a win/lose situation because they're the best dogs with way too short of lives. I saw a lady at pets mart and she said her white boxer lived to be 15!!

But that's what I'm gonna do..give it two weeks and see. He's winning me over a little more everyday with his boxer kisses and snuggles. A lot of the anxiety is gone now knowing that my family is all on my side weather I keep him or find him a new family so that makes it easier.

Funny thing tho: in a comment you actually called the new puppy "Rocky" in a comment but his name is Casper. Before we got him the breeders called him Rocky. Ironic!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts