Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
"Type"?  How so?  There is no such thing as a miniature boxer if thats what your asking.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Maybe I should look at my grammar... Ouch.   You're instead of your.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
There are different colors: fawn, brindle, white, and black, to name the main colors.  Are you thinking of other bully breeds, such as pit bulls, various types of bulldogs, etc.?   :?:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
JettaAndOscar\";p=\"79860 said:
There are no black boxers.
Correct, although that is confusing for new people...because a very dark reverse brindle or "sealed" brindle sure LOOKS black...but, it isn't pure black...to get a pure black you'd have to have a boxer mix, not a purebred...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
yes there are different types of boxers or lines of boxers from my understanding...there are euro lines and they look like Hanna and Kash and there are UK lines and there are also the Northamerican boxer lines...they are basically the same dog but look a little different. they are all boxer looking and are beautiful. i think there is another post about it if you search it and in there is a link to the different types of boxers.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The technically-correct way to say it that there are different "styles" of Boxers in various regional areas, but there is only one type, one breed, one variety, of Boxer; the standards around the world are nearly identical, the largest differences being that some do not allow the choice of ear/tail.  "Type" is in dog terms the essence of the breed - that which makes a Boxer, a Boxer - and so there is only one type, with some regional variations in style.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
JeanenesBoogerBabies\";p=\"79864 said:
[quote="JettaAndOscar\";p=\"79860":1cubcn2w]There are no black boxers.
Correct, although that is confusing for new people...because a very dark reverse brindle or "sealed" brindle sure LOOKS black...but, it isn't pure black...to get a pure black you'd have to have a boxer mix, not a purebred...[/quote:1cubcn2w]

Thanks.  I learned something new today!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Very interesting site!  Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts