Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating whether to switch Debo to Canidae, but came across Natural Balance. I've been doing alot of research and I think it looks good, but I'd like to know your opinion:

Canned Chicken Formula:

Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Carrots, Oat Bran, Brown Rice, Potatoes, Dehydrated Potatoes, Chicken Meal, Canola Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Guar Gum, Dried Kelp, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor, Carrageenan, Zinc Sulfate, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Ferrous Sulfate, Parsley, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Abscorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Vitamin D3

Canned Fish and Sweet Potato Formula:

Fish Broth, Ocean White Fish, Sweet Potatoes, Salmon, Potatoes, Fish Meal, Canola Oil, Salmon Oil, Guar Gum, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Parsley Flakes, Choline Chloride, Carrageenan, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Iron Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Abscorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Sodium Selenite, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin K1 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.

Natural Balance

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Looks good! I've fed Natural Balance to Maddie and she had loose stool's on it.  :(   I also fed Buster that, and he loved it and did very well on it. His coat was always super shiny on it as well. Either product is a great choice as long as it agrees with Debo. Good Luck!  :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is holistic, all natural?

it's a bit pricey but yes, i think we'll try it. hopefully it agrees with debo! :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I used to feed Chloe that but like Maddie she had loose stools on it also. But my mom feeds it to her pug and she thrives on it. Good luck  :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feed both of mine Natural Balance dry food.  Marley has some wicked gas, and I found that this helped a lot!  He does seem to have loose stools when I so happen to watch, but figure he is okay since the gas has gone down.  In the past, I fed Science Diet Lamb & Rice...which was mostly grains/corn.  I had read somewhere that corn does not agree with boxer tummies...hence the gas.  I was suprised how fast his gas decreased in quantity!!!  Thank goodness for that, because he can clear a room!  Maddey does well on it, and her stools are firm and compact....wow, I am really talking about dog poo....haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts