Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a recipe I can use to make gravy to spice up Cobra's kibble?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I dont know of a recipe but there are tons of gravys that they sell that you can add. I buy the IAMS 3 bottle pack of assorted gravy flavors. I dilute them though to make them a little thinner and to last longer.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IRAMITLA said:
I dont know of a recipe but there are tons of gravys that they sell that you can add. I buy the IAMS 3 bottle pack of assorted gravy flavors. I dilute them though to make them a little thinner and to last longer.
Yeah I have some of those. I don't know if I really like them though. I would like to make something that I know is good for him.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Honestly Tracy, I don't know if any gravy is "good" for them, no more than gravy is good for people. By nature, gravy is not a healthy thing being made from stock and meat drippings and fat. Thats the reason I dilute it. I don't saturate the food with it, just a couple of squirts and mix it around and that little extra flavor seems to make them happy. That being said, I stopped with the gravy altogether. They started having runny stools and I figured the gravy was the reason. Once I stopped the gravy, the runny stools stopped as well. Which brings me to another point. I would much prefer more flavorful food for them rather than adding anything but how do we know what tastes best to dogs considering they'll pretty much eat whatever you put in front of them?

G

·
0 Posts
Could you just buy a quality canned food, soften it up with a bit of hot water and mix that in with the kibble?

Willow decided to go on hunger strike, and the vet wants to extra weight on her, so I started doing that. Luckily, the kibble I feed (Natural Balance, Venison and Sweet Potato) comes in a canned version to!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Tracy, have you ever tried using low salt beef or chicken broth? I warm it up just a bit and pour over food

1 - 6 of 6 Posts