Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so I let Bo out who desperately needed to potty...desperately.  I glance outside and see no dogs out there....Bo gets outside and two of their who knows how many pits come running up and barking.  Bo finds a way under the plywood to get to the fence and starts barking back...The wife of the house comes out, yells at her dogs...picks something up and throws it at the fence at Bo...Bo runs out of the wood and immediately starts peeing, and since I've been calling, comes back inside.  I go to apologize and tell her that I didn't see her dogs around the huge kennel covered in a tarp and she yells as me about how I should have gone outside and gotten him...yeah lady...I can barely walk...not gonna happen...So Bo comes in...and takes a dump in the house because devil lady scared the poor guy to death with the projectile.  GRRRRRRR!!!!!  She had to right to throw anything at MY dog...she had no right to YELL at me...if she didn't keep her poor dogs locked up in some kennel on her porch, i would have been able to see her dogs and figure something else out...but NO...they yell at the people who actually treat their dogs good...stupid people

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Girl, you HAVE to do something! The problem is not going to solve itself...and these people dont seem to be getting any better...I def. wouldnt let that lady talk to me like that...let alone throw something at my dog....come on...our dogs are like our kids! Call animal control...call different shelters tell them your story...call the cops..the more you make a fuss about this hopefully something will be done! Dont change your dogs schedule because of your neighbors!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am attempting to be the better person here and just let things go as much as possible...but it really is getting to the point where I can't take much more...event he most patient person has their limits...and throwing something at my baby is really getting to that limit....Hubby is going out to see if he can prevent Bo from getting under that plywood and try to support the plywood up against the fence.   I think it is mostly the Medusa of the house...I think she is making hubby talk to us..and she's the evil one today who threw it at Bo...she's gotten annoyed with us in the past, around Halloween...we had Jetta who was tiny..Like 3 months- under 20 lbs...in the front yard with us...she just barely crossed the property line and we got chewed out...a few weeks prior to that one of their dogs got out in our yard and we just ignored it....nice lady..evil lady...grrr.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Yes you need to do something. You own the property and should not have to look outside to see if they have dogs out there or not before you own dogs can go out - seriously think about that statement?  Why do you pay a mortgage or property taxes if you have to follow rules by the neighbor.

It was mentioned before, get a tarp and put it along the fence to make it so the dog cannot see each other.  Simple solution, and not an expensive one either.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Its not about being the bigger person....your letting these people walk all over you!

Hanna, thats a great idea with the tarp.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its time to get the police involved.  its the only way to shut crap like that down.  we unfortunately had to call the police on nondog related problems and you know what?  problem went away after the police came out ONCE.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is, it's not our fence...none of the fences around our house are our fences...so we are doing this plywood thing...and once we can figure out how to make the plywood stay up so Bo can't get under it, it should work just as well as the tarp....I hope

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Well IMO if you ask your neighbor if you could put up a fence tarp on their fence on your side do you really think they are going to have a problem with it?   It solves both the problems, they get their privacy and your get theirs.   Its not destroying anything and IMO going to be much cheaper and better looking than the plywood.   Just my opnion:)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can see them refusing...lol

when we asked if we could hook our front fence up to their fence...they guy said..."I have to ask my wife"...and this was before all of the problems we've been having...

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Its worth a shot, and they way you come across is the key.   I would simply say, your dogs need to be outside, and mine too.  I was thinking of putting this up with no harm done to your property to solve the issue.  If they refuse, then IMO its time to get some authority involved.  

Either that or you are just going to have to suck it up, stop posting about them if you are not going to take any measure to try to solve the problem.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
This would be making me beyond furious by now seeing as her dogs are the problem and they aren't being raised properly if they can't be social and civil in their own yard when your dogs go outside. I would not be comfortable if I was purchasing a dog from your neighbors seeing how they act towards other dogs.
The fact of her throwing something in the direction of Bo is not acceptable at all! I would of laid the law down right there.
It comes to a point where enough is enough about being the better person. I would directly talk to her and her husband on the way that they are treating you and your dogs...their dogs are their problem...and causing a problem with your dogs. I would be upfront with her that you are not happy with the situation and it is not acceptable that she is scaring your dogs and inturn causing them problems.
I would be calling the authorities on this situation. It is not improving in anyway and causing you more stress than you need. Call the humane society or the police and perhaps just ask for their opinon at this point on what you should do and if/when you should get them involved. Explain to them what has been happening and what you have been doing and where you should go with this from here.
I know you've been trying to be the better person but IMO I think at this point being the better person involves you taking a stand against what they are doing.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
lol hannabanana...can you make sure at the beginning of the next episode they show highlights of the previous episode?

I agree with Smack83 and you need to get animal control or police involved just for the fact that she through something at Bo intending on hurting him because he was to close to a fence which is dividing both properties.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
This is ridiculous... there is no reason that your dogs cannot go out whenever they want and stay out as long as they want.  Can you take a pic of what the yard looks like and the fence inbetween the yard.  You cannot be told that your dogs cant go out... you pay for the yard and can be out there WHENEVER u want to be... dont say sry to them that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
a reality show may be a good idea ;) lol
if it were me I would be pretty ticked by now and I think i'd stay outside in MY yard all day with my dogs and if it bothers them then let them do something about it, if they do something (like throw stuff) make a note of it take a picture of possible and start a case on the situation with the police.  If you intend to live in this place long term do you really want to feel uncomfortable and limited on your own property? what when you have kids, they gonna throw  things at them too?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've read the different posts about your neighbors and I have to say that you are a lot nicer than I am.  I would have told them  to go #%@* themselves a long time ago!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If you've got a Conflict Resolution Center in your area, you might call them to see if the neighbors would meet with a neutral party and come up with an agreement.  Our city has a non-profit group, mediators who will mediate pro-bono just for the experience.  Sometimes it works better than having the doggie police show up.  Most people unfamiliar with mediation probably think it's some strange process, but it actually can work very well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts