Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great, now the neighbors have the audacity to come to our house and ask us not to let our dogs into OUR yard if their dogs are out...c'mon..if my pups have to go to the bathroom I really don't care if their dogs are out...I'd rather deal with barking and fence fighting than clean up an accident.   He's all upset because supposedly his dogs are bleeding- I guess they hit the fence or something....but...still..it's our yard and he's the one with the evil dogs...and he's the one with the issue...and his dogs are out there A LOT...how are we supposed to tell our dogs that they can't potty because some other dog is across the fence.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"86864 said:
what'd you say to him?!
That is what I was wondering also.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
When I read the subject line i knew it was probably you posting about your crazy neighbors again!
Like give me a break...its your yard and it is fenced in so your dogs can go out when they want to.
If Jetta or Bo has to go pee they have to go pee its not like you can tell them they have to wait their turn because the neighbors
"kids" are out!
I'm also curious as to what you said to him.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Have you thought about putting up a mesh across the fence so that the dogs cant see each other.  I am think the same kind of mesh they use for the top of kennels or some type of mesh that aint see through?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy wouldn't talk to me...only my husband...I'm not 100% sure what all was said...but I think my husband was a little noncommittal  but said something like "we'll do our best" or something of that manner...it's just annoying...it is our yard and our property...what are they gonna do when we let them out for an hour or so this summer to romp?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
that probably wont help. Chyna starts spazzing when the neighbors husky is out, and we've got a privacy fence. she cant see through it at all.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
aquagirl900\";p=\"86876 said:
The guy wouldn't talk to me...only my husband...I'm not 100% sure what all was said...but I think my husband was a little noncommittal  but said something like "we'll do our best" or something of that manner...it's just annoying...it is our yard and our property...what are they gonna do when we let them out for an hour or so this summer to romp?

oh no way. your husband would be in big trouble with me for even sorta agreeing to it.
They have no right to ask you to keep your dogs in. it's your property. do what you want. it's not your fault they cant control their pets.

·
Registered
403 Posts
how are we supposed to tell our dogs that they can't potty because some other dog is across the fence
Your not, let your dogs out in YOUR yard and if it's that big of a deal I guess "HE" can put them on a run, or get a underground fence, or a wood fence, or another piece of chain link fence down that run of the fence where there are problems with 6 inches in between the two fences, or some kind of barrier on that side  to keep his dogs away from the chain link fence.
Iv been reading your post about this and think you have been patient and pleasant and tried to be accommodating but hey I wouldn't keep my dogs from going out side to relieve them selves or to play because of a PITA neighbor. It's punishing your dogs and thats not fair.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I've been following your posts about this neighbor and my 1st instinct was that something was a little "off" with him and his situation with his dogs, but this is more than a little off. Why should your dogs stay in when it's HIS dogs with the aggression problem??? I agree with Boxerboys, it's HIS responsibility to either control his dogs or change the fence so it's not an issue. Your dogs have every right to be in their own yard!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
DieselsMom\";p=\"86878 said:
[quote="aquagirl900\";p=\"86876":3ch9jhi6]The guy wouldn't talk to me...only my husband...I'm not 100% sure what all was said...but I think my husband was a little noncommittal  but said something like "we'll do our best" or something of that manner...it's just annoying...it is our yard and our property...what are they gonna do when we let them out for an hour or so this summer to romp?

oh no way. your husband would be in big trouble with me for even sorta agreeing to it.
They have no right to ask you to keep your dogs in. it's your property. do what you want. it's not your fault they cant control their pets.[/quote:3ch9jhi6]

Ditto! I think my hubby would have been taken back/shocked by the question but would have been like... UH IT'S OUR YARD!??? That would PISS me off!

OMG! Like my neighbors girls they get up on the privacy fence to look over and Odin jumps up at them... playing. They sit there and call him and mess with them. Then I hear them calling my name so I go out and they're like... "Can you put Odin up he's getting mud on us!???" I'm like "Uhh, girls he's outside to use the bathroom and your distracting him... sorry but he needs to potty." Then they said "But he's getting mud on us!!" So I said "Well then get off my fence!" I didn't mean to be rude but gawd I was soooo stressed already and they weren't helping my situation! Then they're like "It's our fence too." I then replied "Actually no it's not, it's on our property and we paid for it." And called Odin in!

LOL sorry I'm rambling... I do like my neighbors but I was ANNOYED THAT DAY! Mine are nothing like yours! Sorry I'm not trying to hijack your post!  :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
This is why I have no actual neighbors because I live on a corner with an alley behind us, empty lot to the right and on the left is a road, infront is another road so....yeah no neighbors.  But I hate the people that let their dogs of leash and they always come to my house.  And when they come over they get put in my kennel in the back of my house untill  the owners come to my door and knock politely and ask to have their dog back.  And I make sure they say the secret word.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, it's your yard and you should be able to let your pups out whenever you want, and if it's his dogs that are causing the problem in the first place, I believe it's his duty to do the good neighbor thing and get his dogs under control...

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
your neighbors sound like real meat heads, pretty much what everyone else said if they have a problem, they should alter their property to accomodate their own issues.
btw did you ever find out if they have that kennel license?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not saying my dogs are 100% innocent, Bo barks like most dogs would...no aggression, just trying to play.  Jetta will sit at the fence and run along the fence quietly...but neither of them try to kill/attack them...his dogs seem to really have a pack mentality from what i can see...they are always right next to each other- this is only their two breeders, still don't see their other ones often...I heard them today..I think they may be down to the 2 breeders, the two doxies, and maybe 2 or 3 other pits...but still...6 or 7 dogs that haven't been socialized or around people...grrr...

I haven't called to check on the kennel license...but there have been across the street neighbors who have reported them before we moved in for their dogs getting out of the yard and into the neighborhood.  I'm assuming if animal control was called, they would have to have had to get their kennel license at that point.  If this continues, I will be calling.

When we first got Jetta..the guy told us that boxers are exactly like pit bulls and that they are bully breeds and that other people aren't gonna like us having them, etc.  I get a feeling he's gotten lots of complaints about his dogs...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DieselsMom\";p=\"86878 said:
[quote="aquagirl900\";p=\"86876":psy302fg]The guy wouldn't talk to me...only my husband...I'm not 100% sure what all was said...but I think my husband was a little noncommittal  but said something like "we'll do our best" or something of that manner...it's just annoying...it is our yard and our property...what are they gonna do when we let them out for an hour or so this summer to romp?

They have no right to ask you to keep your dogs in. it's your property. do what you want. it's not your fault they cant control their pets.[/quote:psy302fg]

Ya, start a problem with the neighbors i'm going to have for a long time.   While i'm at it i could arson their house down.  there we go.  no more neighbors, problem fixed.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
God bless neighbors....Ugh...I feel for ya guys as I had to deal with this a lot when in Cali...First of all, what right does he have telling you that your dogs cannot be in your yard? Do you ask him not to allow his dogs in his yard? That's a no brainer..Second, what his dogs do, is not your concern unless it jeopardizes yours...If his choose to fling them self into the fence, that's a behavior he needs to correct and the answer is NOT for you to keep yours inside....Grrr, I could go on and on about this one...It is tough cos you have to live next to these people and after my experiences in Cali I am soo leery about pushing the issue for fear of retailation, in my case attempted poisoning and letting my dogs out

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
boxerboxing\";p=\"86948 said:
[quote="DieselsMom\";p=\"86878":vpqljz1t][quote="aquagirl900\";p=\"86876":vpqljz1t]The guy wouldn't talk to me...only my husband...I'm not 100% sure what all was said...but I think my husband was a little noncommittal  but said something like "we'll do our best" or something of that manner...it's just annoying...it is our yard and our property...what are they gonna do when we let them out for an hour or so this summer to romp?

They have no right to ask you to keep your dogs in. it's your property. do what you want. it's not your fault they cant control their pets.[/quote:vpqljz1t]

Ya, start a problem with the neighbors i'm going to have for a long time.   While i'm at it i could arson their house down.  there we go.  no more neighbors, problem fixed.[/quote:vpqljz1t]

it's not about starting a problem with them.
I'm sure there's something a little off with them for even thinking of asking you to keep your dogs in when theirs are out..so logic may not apply here. You pay for your home. you have every single right to let your dogs out when you want. Besides...I'm sure they do something wrong you can secretly get them in trouble for..... :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i agree with what everyone else has already said...     the nerve of that guy

the way my husband is he would have told that guy where to stick it.  our neighbor has a pit that they do NOT take care of.  its looks like its always hungry...  and is scared of everything.

it comes over here looking for food and my husband hates it.  he is scared that the dog will try and mess with one of ours.  all you have to do is look at it and it runs off so i'm not too worried.

I think you should keep doing what you're doing.  if he says anything else or causes anymore problems i would report him to whoever you need to report him to.  (not sure who that would be)

:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts