Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that's right, a boxer!!!  Wooooooohoooooo!  I checked our local Humane Society website Sunday night, like I do every Sunday. (Cus that's when they update it)  And there was a female boxer.  She was found wondering around about a month ago and brought in.  She's about 4 or 5 years old and at the time weighed 33 lbs and was heartworm positive.  She was pitiful looking. (They have pics)  She's been treated for heartworms and has 2 more treatments to get and has gained 15 lbs.  She is sooo cute and soooo sweet.  I called my mom on Monday and told her I found a dog for her.  I even went to check her out while I was running errands....couldn't help myself.  Well, my mom went in there this morning, filled out an application and this afternoon she was going home.  I am soooo excited.  My dad died 4 years ago and my brother lives at home with my mom but I've told her a zillion times I thought she needed a dog.  A faithful companion.  Well she got one today....yeaaaa for both of them.  Oh and her name is Laila!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is wonderful, so glad your mom is giving Laila a home.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will post pics as soon as I get my camera back.  I took pictures today but my brother wanted to take my camera to work with him to show off their new baby.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Congrats on the new member of the family.  <:p

·
Registered
893 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to the family.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, that is great Trish, another Boxer saved....I love happy endings :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That's great news! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about Laila.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts