Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this week Guido has marked in the hallway near the bathroom 4 times. I can't get the stains out of the carpet. First he did it a little in the middle of the hallway in front of the bathroom and then he did more a little in front of that. After I tried to clean it up he peed on the wall by the bathroom. Chuck just said that he did it again this morning on the wall.

I don't know what to do to get him to stop. I can't get the stains out. Tonight I am putting a mixture of water and vinegar on them because I guess that's supposed to make him stop going in the same spot. He does it at other people's houses though too. He pees right in front of the bathroom either on the floor, wall, or on the door. What's up with that?  :?

He really frustrates me sometimes.  :(

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Why dont you get him neutered?? Im sure that would stop it! lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are going to, but I am waiting to hear back from our current vet on where a good place to take him is. We have only lived here for a month and I don't want to take him to any ol' vet - I want them to be good at what they do. She is supposed to be calling me soon with the contact info and the second I get that he's going!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Sounds like he is marking his spot.  If you can get some Natures Miracle cleaner it works GREAT! On the surgery, testosterone, I think plays a role in marking. They can also do it as being insecure (a new pet, a baby, change in the house, moving etc....)Neutering a dog at any age will help prevent it. Of course there is no guarantee that neutering him will stop it either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts