Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

GWR

3K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  DUKE01 
#1 ·
Last weekend we were all talking about Kaci's size and someone mentioned I should enter her into the Guinness World Records to see if she actually is the smallest full grown AKC registered Boxer. Should I? I think it would be kind of fun, but I don't want to be exploiting my baby.

#5 ·
I have no idea if she's actually the smallest, how would I go about researching it?

she's 18-19" tall, 35 lbs. either 8.5" chest (if I remember right).

She'll be 2 on Saturday. I know boxers grow until they're 3, but she hasn't grown much at all in the last year +.

#7 ·
Like I said, it would totally be for fun, I don't want anyone getting the idea that I'd do this to gain anything from my dog. I love her to death, I just thought it would be cool if she was in fact the smallest full grown AKC boxer.

#10 ·
well poo...guess I should have read more before I decided anything...

In addition, we are unable to monitor separate categories for different breeds, only absolute records such as 'longest ever dog' and 'oldest cat living'. This is because there are literally hundreds of different breeds of each type of animal, but it is not possible for us to list separate records for each one.

Examples of proposals we do not accept:
Largest Chihuahua litter
Fattest hamster
Most Alsatians walked in one day
Oldest bull terrier

Examples of records we do accept:
Oldest dog living
Smallest living domestic cat (length)
Largest guinea pig litter

#14 ·
She is on the small side for this era; there'd have to be a qualification if you did try to get her into Guinness, though, because the standard originally called for a much smaller size (17-22" tall). :)

#15 ·
The other things is that her parents were of normal size and the siblings that have reported back to the breader are of normal size as well.
I did find someone who posted on a yahoo forum that said her neighbors boxer was 20" and 35 lbs at 1 year, so I'm sure there are other petite boxers out there.

#18 ·
Sadiesmomma: Thank you very much, she's fairly unique and I love her to death! Sadie's quite the little cutester herself! :D

RainBo: According to my hubby, she was the biggest of her litter. We discovered she had tape worms when she was about 8-10 weeks old, and I wonder if that had something to do with it, but then again, lots of dogs get tape worms and end up normal sized...so I'm not sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.