Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so as most of us know both my girls are a little weird  :wink:  

ok i am serious now...as most know i have had issues with both of my girls and the behavior. being way to skittish and scared. Well i have talked with Liz (your the best!!) and have continued working on both girls socialization. Well the other night on our walk Reese for the first time EVER showed interest in a person! a girl was riding a bike and she actually pulled the leash to try to go over. I didnt let her, because i didnt want to push her to quickly. Plus i figured that if i stopped the girl the girl would thinki was nuts and Reese would get a little skittish...like she was putting up a brave front!! So i was happy. Well last night once again we went for our walk and there were a lot more people. This kinda freaked the girls out, but i think it is more to do with the number of people-not because there were people out. I am happy with their progress. Savannah is still not interested, but i figure she will take longer because she is older.

On to Recall- we have been working on a long lead with the girls on recall and for the very first time ever i let the girls outside off leash to go potty! they didnt try to run, they didnt freak out..NOTHIN! they went out side sniffed around, did what they needed to and then romped in the front yard for about 15 minutes just running and bunny hopping. When it was time to go in all i had to say was "inside" and they were at the door waiting. In no way do i feel they are completley recall trained and i know we have lots more work to do but i am happy with the slow progression.

We are currently also working on having both out at night and not being kenneled. Reese still has  accidents every now and then and gets in the cat box so they are allowed yet to stay out at night, hopefully soon though.

Sorry so long....i just wanted to share how they were doing.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That is wonderful news; so glad to hear they are doing better. Its progress even if it is in baby steps.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:clap:  That's excellent news!! I guess all it takes is baby steps. Glad to hear they are both doing so well.  :D

Lisa

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
As for the cat box...

If you haveone (or can get one) with the lid, turn it around to where it is face the wall in a corner...This will deter (not necessarily stop, but make it more difficult) the cat box interest.

I'm so proud of you guys!!!  Kiss the girls and let them know Aunti Liz and Lilly are VERY proud of them!!!  Big hugs to all of you on your hard work!!!

Keep it up!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Also for the cat box, put it up on a table or counter top or something where the pups can't reach it.  We've got friends that had to do that and the cats seem to lord it over the pups which is funny to watch!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well done Andrea, Savannah, Reese, and mom's little helper Ciara....Liz as well cos you made it happen.... :clap: Nothing like hearing happy success stories like that....

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
You are doing a great job.  My son just keeps telling me consistency mom and I guess  he's right.  Great hearing your success story and thanks to Liz for all her good advice.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Willow--Thank you for the kind words, but I didn't make anything happen.  I just gave her the advice.  Andrea is the one that put in all the hard work and effort!!!  Kudo's to the girls!!!

Liz and Lilly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts