Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 month old has developed linear bands of hair loss under her neck. The skin is not red or swollen and she never scratches at it. This is the only place her hair is affected. I'm keeping her collar off, but there doesn't seem to be any improvement. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never seen that one before. Could she be jumping up on a fence or something scraping her neck? Is it swollen at all?
I have been watching her carefully and there's no fence short enough for her to scrape her neck on. Everything else appears normal and she doesn't seem bothered by it. I'm mystified.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Is her neck swollen at all? Does she usually wear a collar all the time I know you said you recently took it off. Sometimes I would think they maybe could be dyes and stuff on some collars that may irritate the dogs skin when worn all the time. My guys are "naked" when they are home I only collar them when we are out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about that and that's why I took her collar off. But why such a strange pattern and only on the under side of her neck?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I thought about that and that's why I took her collar off. But why such a strange pattern and only on the under side of her neck?
My guy had something similar as a pup. Wasnt as many lines. Was two lines. It was from the buckle. Haven't used a collar since. My best guess was the buckle moving up and down. Doesn't look like any swelling or redness.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I hope you're right. The collar's been off for over 2 weeks with no change.
Its going to take a while for the hair to grow back, if thats what it was. My guy still has a tiny spot that didn't totally grow back. If its not red, not itchy, not swollen, my best guess would be a collar, or something else rubbing there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts