Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i understand dogs lose hair at some stage, but sky is 9 weeks old i can see traces of hair on my cloth , am very worried right now. should i be?

·
Registered
186 Posts
well harley alwasy shed. fromthe day we brought her home at 7 weeks. as long as she doesnt have bald spots then shedding is normal i would think.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o thats a bit of a relief! thanks for telling me that :) for second there i thought i was bad parenting  :oops:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
If the shedding is too bad, you can add supplements to the food.
It is so hot where we are, that our little Henry has shed almost all the hair off his lower belly.  We have added Nutricoat to his food.  It has helped reduce the shedding and has made his hair soft and shiny! :D
So maybe try Nutricoat.
Zhanna

·
Registered
316 Posts
when Ginsy first came home she had dark fur along her back and I was concerned that she might have brindle markings (which wouldn't have been bad, I just prefer fawn  :roll:  ) So I asked about that here.  Newcastle posted an answer and said that puppies loose their "guard hairs" as they grow and that her fur would begin to lighten as that happened.  It did.  So maybe sky is shedding those guard hairs and it seems like she is loosing hair.  Just a thought  :lol:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah i see , thats allot of relief, am going to try supplements if it gets bad, right now it aint bad. thanks for all the advise .

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Even with supplements your pup may continue to shed.  Dogs shed in cycles like with the seasons.  It isn't something to worry about unless it is excessive with scratching, and sores.  Then you should see a vet.  Otherwise I wouldn't worry to much.  It's just natural!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
her hair is shiny and she never scratches, i guess its natural. thanks again , now just getting rid of the lost hair  :x

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Depending on where you live, what kind of winter you get, will have a lot to do with shedding..Samson's coat is a bit thicker and coarser than most boxers and he sheds something fierce, esp in the spring..I sweep up a huge pile of hair everyday...Boxers tend to, for the most part shed most of the year, at least mine always have..That's why I keep my couches covered up with sheets...Brushing regularly will help stimulate the skin and also make the coat feel and look better too...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Tink is a constant shedder - you could make a whole new dog with what I sweep up every day.  Hector doesn't seem to be too bad, but maybe the hair just isn't as noticeable because he's fawn.

If you find that the vacuum isn't picking up all the hair off your soft furnishings, wiping with a damp chamois works brilliantly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts