Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Hank and Timber to the vet this morning and Hank had to have an exam and, DA2PP vaccanation and fecal exam and he would hardly have anything to do with  me the rest of the day :( . Fecal exam showed that he has some hook and round worms. The vet put him on Drontal Plus K9. Also told the vet that he was dragging his butt after he pooped. The vet said that it was something dealing with the anal gland, so she did an Anal Gland Expression. He sounded so pitiful when she did that to him. I was told that I needed to start adding some veggies to his food for some more fiber and that would help.. What else could I add? Was also told that because of his markings with the white and pink skin showing that when I take him outside and we are going to be out there for a while that I needed to put sun screen on him. Anyone else been told this? What kind do I use and where can I get it from? Sorry for the long post. And thanks for the help.

Andrew

·
Registered
270 Posts
WOW...I had NO idea that BOXERS needed sunscreen!  I know that they don't have much fur....but seriously...sunscreen?!  Best of luck to you!  My Chloe had worms at about 8 weeks.  It was pretty darn yucky to see them in her poo!  I would think the worms are no big deal, just nasty to think about!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I use WaterbABIES all day sunscreen 50SPF for Lilly.  She has yet to have a sunburn.  Lilly is white so she is more prone and living in Hawaii kinda leaves us open to it.

As for the veggies...steamed brocolli, carrots, potatoes...etc...etc...etc are good.  Just make sure to steam or boil them and don't add anything for flavor (seanonings or herbs [herbs may help with the mange and worms though]).

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah my rocky would get sun burn on his ''lil buddies''  :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah i remember when i first took Zeus to the vet because he had worms really bad and i thought he was catching Parvo which it wasnt. He just had a weak belly. On the way home he wouldnt rest on me until we were home and he was sure we werent going back very soon. Poor little guy.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
RowdyboyHank\";p=\"16583 said:
Fecal exam showed that he has some hook and round worms.
Was also told that because of his markings with the white and pink skin showing that when I take him outside and we are going to be out there for a while that I needed to put sun screen on him. Anyone else been told this? What kind do I use and where can I get it from?
Poor Hank!  Lola had hookworm at 8 weeks old, it went away quickly with the meds and hasn't come back (knock on wood).  
I too have to put sunscreen on Lola.  I use Waterbabies SPF30, but should probably get the SPF50.  She's so used to it now..just sits there quietly while I put it on her, we have a routine...wake up, go potty, come in and get suncreeen then eat breakfast!  It's like having a baby!  :lol:   Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="mybox1\";p=\"16589":3nhdd1xe]WOW...I had NO idea that BOXERS needed sunscreen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts