Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all,
Hank the Boxer here and I need some help. I've been a mess for a while. I'm now 8 and for the past 5 or so years I've been experiencing a range of issues: constant itchiness (sometimes until I bleed), allergies, bumps and lumps, dry nose, and often gassy. In the past few weeks I've developed some hair loss. My vet has prescribed many things in the past, but nothing seems to consistently work. I'm otherwise a happy and lovable boy. Does anyone have any advice for me? My people love me a whole lot and want to help. Thank you! 🐾 View attachment 136269
View attachment 136271
View attachment 136272
View attachment 136273
View attachment 136274
Hank, I encouraged #Boxerlove to research the vagus nerve which is the connector to the brain gut axis. A critical nutrient for it's proper function is thiamine and thiamine needs magnesium to make it bioavailable. Thiamine is not hardy and even cooking decreases the available amount in food. So look into the forms of thiamine and include benfortiamine and TTFD in your search and check out the pros and cons of each. Do a search on "vagus nerve boxer health". In like kind, have your master search on "SIBO thiamine" to gain a understanding of the vagus nerve for them. As I mentioned, magnesium is critical and supplementing is important as the diet will be inadequate.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts