Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started yesterday morning when my wife took Hank outside. She noticed that he had pooped in his crate and it was allitle runny. When she got him outside, she said his poop was runny at first when it cam out, but it hardened back up like normal. Everything was fine the rest of the day yesterday. Was taking him outside this morning, and noticed that he had vomited in his crate. Took him outide and poop was normal. What could this be? We let him run around in the backyard when we take him out, maybe he got into something when my wife went back inside. I dont know if it his is food or not, he has been on it for 2 months and has not had a problem with it. Could it be that he was eating his food outside? I tried feeding him inside saturday moring and he would not eat, but as soon as he got outside, he went to Timbers food dish outside and ate. Same food. He did that again this morning also. What could be the problem?

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If he has been on the same food for 2 months and the food outside is the same as he eats, I would not think it was the food.
Maybe something he got into over the weekend??  Any new treats, new bones, table food over the weekend? Would have been something he had the day before the loose stool/vomiting started??

Of course there is always stomach bacteria, worms, other parasites as well.....The thing that he is still eating and drinking and not acting like he wants to vomit (by turning head away from food) is a good sign...I would try some of the home things like chicken and rice or pumpkin and cut out anything else other then food for 24 hours and see what happens....

Or go ahead and go in to your vet.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts