Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried feeding Hank this morning before I left to go to work and he would not eat. Since I have had him, I have been adding water to his kibble and putting it in the blender because he was having problems eating it dry. I did not add any water to his food this morning and he would not touch it, he looked at his food then looked up at me like I was crazy . I asked my wife to try and feed him again when she got up and he he did the same thing. What could I do to get him to eat the dry food?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Just wait...A lot of dogs (Boxers are big on this too) won't eat there food dry.  When I feed Lilly, I just add warm water and let her have at it.  I don't blend it (that seems to be a bit much to me, but to each his own).  It may be that he has become spoiled by the blending of his food and won't eat it if it isn't blended.

Just let him go.  He'll eat when he gets hungry.  Dogs can go up to three days without food.  So long as he's drinking, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zeus did this numerous times when he was a pup which scared me. Like  Liz said just make sure he is drinking water. You can try a soft snack to see if he will eat that too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sharonL\";p=\"17238 said:
How old is he again?
He is 8 weeks old. He'ss drinking plenty of water, talked to my wife at lunch and she said thats all he would touch. Just talked to here while posting this message and she said that he has started to nibble on it some. I figured I spoiled him by blending his food.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh yea, you definitely have spoiled him..I would just add a bit of water to his food, like Lillyzmomma said....Angel is just as bad tho, one time Marq fed the dogs when I wasn't there, forgot to add anything to it, Angel just sat and looked at him like he had lost his mind!  :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
lol Mia wouldn't eat the dry at all when I brought her home... Well... I just let her not eat.. Any dog will eat when its hungry..  :D  She's not aggressive or pushy but now her food drive is like WHOOAA!!  8O

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hank finally ate good yesterday when I got home from work. Did not blend the food this time, just added some hot water and let it sit for a few minutes. and he ate all of it. He ate his food this morning also, no blending, just water. Going to start using less water each time I feed him so he will start eating it dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts