Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since her Agility trainer is relocation we are going to try to start to learn flyball while we find another trainer we like.

Tonight is her first class - so hope she goes good and likes it - however anything with a tennis ball should be absolute heaven to her.

Here is more about it -

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Good luck Hanna!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I've seen that before and looks like a lot of fun and great exercise...lol, if she likes her tennis balls, she's going to love it!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have seen it on tv and it looks like it would be so much fun, I am sure Hanna will do well.  Kiah would probably go get every tennis ball and try to fit all of them in her mouth at once.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It looks by the picture that Hanna is begging you to bring her! Good Luck Hanna....enjoy. Would love to see a video of her doing that!  hint...hint... :)

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh this is the first class, so I am sure I will have my hands full with her, but after she gets it can take pics.     Kash starts puppy class on Tuesday.  Its like driving one to dance the other to karate!  ha ha ha

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do -  Kash will be taking class with his littermade Keanu - so it will be very comical to see what boy excels and which one is the class clown.  Im opting for Kash to be the clown.  Comes with the big ears and droopy eyes!!  

I am a bit nervous because Hanna has so much drive.   Her focus is amazing, and but hope she has patients tonight.  I normally have to drink a glass of wine before class to calm my nerves, she feeds off of me and If I am tense, she is out of control.  he he he

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we got back from our first fly ball lesson tonight.   At first seeing these dogs jump over hurdles like lightning I was a little nervous since Hanna has not done too much jumping.   However when it was her turn she did AWESOME!   There are 4 jumps (not high) and she did them perfectly with one step inbetween jumps.    She was off lead too, and I thought she'd make it over to mingle with the other dogs, but she was more concerned with treats and the jumps.

Then we did a drill of catching, and she did great -

The one thing she did not really do well with is with the ball.   I need to teach her to "get it" and  "drop it".   The drop it is going to be hard if anyone know Hanna.

All in all, a great time, and look forward to next week!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sounds like for a first class, she did rather well.....Had to laugh at you having a glass of wine first to calm down, that would be me!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts