Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our house is insanely empty since Roxi's passing, my husband said it was time to look for a puppy again :)

It's such a range of emotions.

Sadness because we miss all the daily quirks of our girl Roxi. We expect to see her around every corner :(

Excitement for a new puppy. Puppy kisses, puppy breath, puppy cuddles, playing, training, etc.

Fear for trying to remember everything we had to do for potty training, routines, walking on leash, etc. lol It's been 10 years! I hope I can get my old brain working again lol

A week from this Friday, we will be bringing home our White boxer girl. The family decided on the name Athena <3

Orion was a flashy fawn, Roxi boxi was a flashy reverse brindle and now we will have Ms. Athena. I have been on the forums reading up on all the tricks and suggestions on how to prepare for her. Thank you very much for all the great suggestions :)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Oh Chip, Just what you have been looking for. I hope you will find your white boer girl soon.
Sigh yeah I've kinda trapped myself?? I had to just stop going to local shelters! I kinda caved and was ready to adopt a PB girl close to home???

My wife said OK ... but she had a major cow!!!! For freaking years ... I'd said a "White Boxer Girl!" And now ... it was a white Pit Bull??? She said "FIND THIN!!" But she was not happy!! So I let that one go?? :)

So I am looking at Breeders close to me. Because all things being equal, I would look like to pick, my new puppy?? One local Breeder option I found does, have health tested Boxers. OK fine then but if one looks closer they will see, if they look closer, that some of there puppies are listed as being "At Risk for DM!!!!" WTH??? I don't need to pay a premium price to find an at risk for DM, Boxer puppy!!! That ticked me off! The whole point of getting a "Breeder Puppy" I thought was to not have to deal with crap like that!!! The same Breeder also list some puppies as being DM clear???

Ticks me off, so I'll not be going with them! And now since one of the Airlines managed to kill a French Bulldog!! By stuffing the puppy in the overhead cargo area!!! The airlines won't ship brachycephalic breeds, in cargo an owner has to buy a plane ticket to the pick up location to fly the puppy back as a passenger!

It's just an expected PIA ... I have waited to long apparently??? But I'll get it done this year. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chip, I wished I lived closer. They have another white boxer girl and a white boxer boy. The mom had 5 total. The three white were born first and unfortunately the two black ones didn't make it out alive out of the womb. I love NV but it's quite the drive from Michigan. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts