Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I was wondering if any one here had something similar on their Boxer.

About a month ago I found a lump the size of a pea on my girls side. It is under the skin so it is not visible if you looked at her. Oh and it MOVES ! She is 3 now and has had a mast cell removed a little over a year ago. So of course I brought her directly to the vet. She did a needle aspiration and said the cells looked fine. it has got a tiny bit larger. I have never felt anything like it. a small hard bump that moves around.  8O

Anyone ever had anything like this?? And if so what exactly is it? Should I bring her to the vet again?

Thanks in advance! Danielle

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hmmm, I am not sure about that one.  If you feel better about it, I would go back to the vet or get a second opinion from another vet.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ya i'm with bubba on this one i'd get a second opinion....my fawn girl Sexy had 3 of those in a row, but she passed before I was able to have them checked

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am def going to bring her back. Ever since she had the mast cell I bring her for every little bug bite I find.

I forget exactly what she called it...but she said that it was common in boxers.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Did she say it was a sebacious cyst?  Those are common in boxers and other dogs.  If she did a needle aspiration of it she would be able to tell you that for sure.  They are just benign fluid filled sacs.  
Nano

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all, I signed up today because of this exact reason.  My 5 year old boxer Zeus is getting multiple lumps popping up over a short period of time.  (couple months)  He has gone in to the vet we have done blood work, needle aspiration, etc but the doc said the tests came back fine.  At one point he had a lump in his throat the size of a softball which did go down after lots of antibiotics.  We know the tests came back fine but these lumps seem to be popping up everywhere and his personality is really changing.  He is always sleeping, looks to be in discomfort and has just recently been going potty in the house which is very abnormal for him.  We are going to take him back to the vet very soon but we are getting very concerned recently.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hi Danielle,

I just went through this sort of issue with my mixed breed.  I noticed a lump on his chest and started to pay more attention so after a few more popped up and off to the vet we went.  I too was worried, after cell aspiration and blood tests the vet told me that they were fatty lumps.  There was no need to worry and that as long as they do not pose a health risk or become too big they will just leave them alone.  I am very comfortable with that and as long as the lumps do not hinder him in any way I will leave it at that.  I am not exactly sure that this helps but I hope it helps ease your mind.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would get a second opinion on my dog to be sure.  Take the copies of the current test result with also.  Did they run a thyroid test on him?  The lumps aren't a thyroid symptom but the change of attitude can be.  And boxers are prone to hypo-thyroidism.  As long as your doing some blood work I would run this simple test for him.  Good luck.

Nano

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is it normal for Fatty lumps to start popping up out of the blue?  It seems as though they are popping up all over the place.  He may have one that's along his throat that is bothering him and that may be what is causing him the discomfort. .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I just registered with this forum because I'm having the same problem with my girl, Zero. Within the last month, all these lumps have broke out on her. They feel like marbles under her skin. Some are larger than others. We took her to the vet the other day and she has an appointment on the 31st to have one of the largest bumps biopsied. It seems like there is a new lump or 2 everyday. I'm worried. Her back left ankle is swollen too. Please keep me informed on your boy and I'll keep you updated on my girl.

·
Registered
259 Posts
JennEmile\";p=\"220556 said:
We took her to the vet the other day and she has an appointment on the 31st to have one of the largest bumps biopsied. It seems like there is a new lump or 2 everyday. I'm worried. Her back left ankle is swollen too. Please keep me informed on your boy and I'll keep you updated on my girl.
You can ask the vet to test all the lumps with a thin needle aspiration procedure. This can be done during a regular office vist without surgery. I would always recommend that before going under the knife. If your dog is undergoing surgery for just one lump biopsy that still does not give you any answers about the others - so IMO what is the point of doing a whole surgical procedure and just biopsing one.  How many lumps are you talking about???

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are probably about 30 lumps in all. They are all over. On her stomach, chest, legs, head. I don't think we want her stuck 30 times to test each lump. I uped her appointment to tomorrow. Not knowing what's going on is driving me crazy. There are new lumps daily and some of the others are getting bigger. There are 3 pretty good size (maybe 50 cent piece size) ones right along her spine. And the last couple days, she's been having a hard time getting up on the bed and a hard time getting down.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Sadie has a growth on her right shoulder blade.  It's a cyst though.  It's not grown in size, and it's hard.  You can press on it and she won't even flinch.  The vet told us to remove it they have to put her to sleep, but with it not growing, they weren't concerned.  And unless it gets bigger or there adament that it's removed, I'm gonna leave it be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts