Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
affectionate...

it sorta worries me because he has never been this way. he got sick yesterday.. (he got ahold of some pizza) and he had the run's and vomiting, he layed around yesterday more than normal..slept more than usual...and was better by the evening  but today its all cleared up.. he isnt sick at all.. but is being very quiet and just laying on me.. following me around and just laying on me. he is still chewing and biting.. as usual but its all just very diffrent.. harley never liked to be petted.. but now he seems to love it.. just at the drop of a hat.

he is still playing with his toys and being a puppy.. but just seems to have grown all the sudden attached to ME.. for example.. my b/f and i always play hide and seek with harley.. sooo last night we did this after he was feeling better and seemed to have a HUGE burst of energy.. well it all went as usual i hid and he finally found me.. but when brian hid and called him.. harley just sat at my feet and stared at me.... i started walking saying lets find daddy .. and he followed and he knew where brian was ... he just looked at him then looked back up at me and just sat there.

my son came in this morning and said hi to harley.. harley made a "talking" sound then sat back down on my lap

should i be worried??? :?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
He "woo woo'd"! I love the woo woo!

I honestly don't know what to say... I know they say when people... and other animals get like that... it's a sign they are ready to go. BUT he's sooooo young... he's eating and drinking well right? Playing well...? Maybe he's just finally come around to you? If you think something might still be wrong, take him to the vet. OR call first and tell them what's going on. He probably felt horrible or still kind of does and just wants some lovin'. Odin gets like that.

Sending {{{{{{{{{{Healing Vibes}}}}}}}}}} Harley's way!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
anytime a dog eats something that does not agree with them, vomit and runs are nature's way to get rid of the said toxin - glad he is feeling better.

He is young and probablly sticks to you because you control the resources.  I always belive that those who control the resources (food, training, taking out to potty) get a majority of the not dogs affection and attention.  Right now he is young so probablly looks at you as the pack leader.   To avoid any issue when he is older, I would just let everyone take him out to potty, feed him and then he should not develop a favortism just to one person.  Easy to fix now, rather than older.

Good luck, and glad he is being more affectionate!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I have no idea if him being more affectionate could be a sign that somethings wrong...I'm hoping everything is alright. The vomiting is normal if he ate something bad, like Heather already said.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i called the vet and he met me at his office to check harley out.. he was concered as well. but everything was A-O-K
and we came home.. harley is still acting okay.. but then he stops playing and comes to me ..... like right now for example.. i just got home from store and let harley out to pee .. he came in and was playing with toys jumping around.. then all the sudden he froze.... looked for at me and then got his teddy and layed down in my lap and just stared at me.
the vet witnessed this today as well.. and said to him it was like harley turned into a protection stance with me for some reason.
this is soooooo unlike him.. and the vet asked if anything had happened to me that may make harley think im hurting.. and the only thing i can think of was i have been sick and i vomited in front of harley and it scared him the other day.

he isnt being agressive in any way.. he is still playing with the kids and brian just fine.. then he stops and comes to lay by me.  :?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad to hear he is healthy, he must sense that there is something wrong and just needs the reassurance that you are ok.  What a sweet boy.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have to agree with Heather on this....First off, I'm glad you got him checked and he's ok, that's always a good start....Males generally bond more with their skin females and vice versa....Samson is such a Momma's boy it's not funny as Angel is a Daddy's girl, BUT........wherever I am, they both are, they both follow me everywhere. So don't take that as bad thing, feel lucky and blessed that you have the love of such an awesome creature  :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts