Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
He look's a lot my friend's Boxer , Gideon. I think Gid is about 85 lbs?? Big head and tiny waist also and he would have towered over my Struddell and she was a solid 65 lbs but the girl's are kinda on the tiny size anyway!

I'd luv to have a Euro/American Boxer but finding one in White ... is a but of a push I would imagine and sigh I already have a girl (my first choice for a Boxer) so there is that ...

Ah well, I have my hands full now ... the old "have one well trained dog before adding a second" ... is "apparently," a pretty high standard?? But we are making progress. :)
Yup, 85-86 lbs.

I'm looking to add, just need to find the right breeder/dog.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Yup, 85-86 lbs. I'm looking to add, just need to find the right breeder/dog.
LOL ... man I am good!!

Aww well, had i stayed in my Molosser, wheel house as it were ... I would most likely not be here?? But hey despite the turmoil, ie pack fight's, house filled with tenshion and the trip to the ER for stitches for me! With my first Wl GSD and my stunning lack of research ... which consisted of uh "None???"?? LOL, it worked out in the long run for us! My Rocky (WL GSD) turned out to be both my biggest challenge and my greatest dog ever! And a head's up for other's .. a Wl GSD, is not a Boxer ... who knew??? :)

But hey you have one dog now ... so you have choices! What sex and Breed are you thinking about???

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
LOL ... man I am good!!

Aww well, had i stayed in my Molosser, wheel house as it were ... I would most likely not be here?? But hey despite the turmoil, ie pack fight's, house filled with tenshion and the trip to the ER for stitches for me! With my first Wl GSD and my stunning lack of research ... which consisted of uh "None???"?? LOL, it worked out in the long run for us! My Rocky (WL GSD) turned out to be both my biggest challenge and my greatest dog ever! And a head's up for other's .. a Wl GSD, is not a Boxer ... who knew??? :)

But hey you have one dog now ... so you have choices! What sex and Breed are you thinking about???
I was thinking of another male boxer for awhile, but I'm really set now on a male Dutchie.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I was thinking of another male boxer for awhile, but I'm really set now on a male Dutchie.
A Dutchie ... LOL! I would highly suggest you join Germanshepardfroum and ask question's!

There are not alot of Dutchie's on there but there are a few. I think Slam Dunk's uh Navy Seal reject and current (if he is still around the dog) LE enforcement ... Kennel Master Carver was a Wl GSD/ Dutchie cross or maybe a WL/MAL??

The dog did not much care for changing handler's! And made his displeasure clearly known! Bailiff on there would be the guy to ask! He's the Mal guy on there and he has a couple of Mondo Ring Mal's and a Mal/GSD cross and even he say's the MAl/GSD cross is a handful!

But I only recall talking to one or two Dutchie folk there? And as I recall, the Dutchie's made my Rocky's dislike of uh everyone ... seem mild by comparison!! A Dutchie is most definitely not a fan of stranger's! But as they say ... your result's my vary. :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
A Dutchie ... LOL! I would highly suggest you join Germanshepardfroum and ask question's!

There are not alot of Dutchie's on there but there are a few. I think Slam Dunk's uh Navy Seal reject and current (if he is still around the dog) LE enforcement ... Kennel Master Carver was a Wl GSD/ Dutchie cross or maybe a WL/MAL??

The dog did not much care for changing handler's! And made his displeasure clearly known! Bailiff on there would be the guy to ask! He's the Mal guy on there and he has a couple of Mondo Ring Mal's and a Mal/GSD cross and even he say's the MAl/GSD cross is a handful!

But I only recall talking to one or two Dutchie folk there? And as I recall, the Dutchie's made my Rocky's dislike of uh everyone ... seem mild by comparison!! A Dutchie is most definitely not a fan of stranger's! But as they say ... your result's my vary. :)
Yeah they can be handful. They can be very social as long as they are exposed early and depending on the temperament of the line.Why looking for a breeder that really knows their pups is a little difficult. The few I know of that are recommended have huge waiting lists. I was looking for an FCI dutchie at 1st but that is almost impossible. They are mostly KNPV. Bte2 gave me some leads. Really just a waiting game

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I had a Dutchie, my last dog. He was a beautiful animal with a blue coat that made him look like a wolf. Sadly he suffered a sudden onset of septic arthritis that attacked his joints and quickly spread to his heart. He went form healthy young pup to dead in 3 days dying just shy of 10 months old.
Dutchie's have been cross bred with Malinois for years to spice up the breed so finding "pure" Dutch Shepards is not an easy chore. They are every bit as smart as a Mal or GSD but are actually surprisingly laid back, not so high strung.

This was my boy "Loki" when I got him at 8 weeks (to bad those eyes didn't stay blue) and just before I lost him at 10 months

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Aww well there is the rub? Good luck socializing a dog these day's! It's pretty rare (two cases) that I know of but dog's can apparently get Covn19 also??

But hey makes no difference to me?? I never much cared for other dog's and people anyway. For about uh 15 years?? So I was ahead of the curve more then a decade ago! My Struddlle and Gunther would not have been happy with "Social Distancing??"

But Rocky my (Wl GSD) LOL, yeah he'd be good with it, cuz he did not care for stranger's and we did it anyway! :)

Ah well I don't wanna be a wet blanket?? I don't have a Dutchie, I never saw or met a Dutchie?? But I have heard from a few that had them. And they would say they are not a dog for tools!

So I'll just say do your research cuz a Dutchie is most definitely not a Boxer. :)

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
I had a Dutchie, my last dog. He was a beautiful animal with a blue coat that made him look like a wolf. Sadly he suffered a sudden onset of septic arthritis that attacked his joints and quickly spread to his heart. He went form healthy young pup to dead in 3 days dying just shy of 10 months old.
Dutchie's have been cross bred with Malinois for years to spice up the breed so finding "pure" Dutch Shepards is not an easy chore. They are every bit as smart as a Mal or GSD but are actually surprisingly laid back, not so high strung.

This was my boy "Loki" when I got him at 8 weeks (to bad those eyes didn't stay blue) and just before I lost him at 10 months
View attachment 135731 View attachment 135732

Aww man I am sorry you lost him. :(

But I guess my biggest head's up for Boxer owner's that get into uh other more "serious," is to remember that ... this dog is not a "Boxer!" So you know whatever you did and allowed in the past with your other dog ... may not work out so well??

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I look at every dog as different. Doesn't matter if its the same breed or not. The things that worked for my guy in training, are completely different from how my buddy trained/training his boxer.

As far as the dutchies, yes some lines can be handler sensitive, some have crazy drive, some are laid back, some are neurotic, thats why you have to do a ton of research, talk to people that owned them, and find the breeder who can set you up with a pup who matches how you are going to work with the dog.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Back to the OP,

I highly recommend "All K9" for very high quality dog equipment. Most items are designed for working dogs be that sport, police or military use

They have several amazing harnesses

I also love the "sure grip" leashes which come in several different sizes and colours.

Check them out at allk9.com

21 - 36 of 36 Posts