Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ask for paper work, OFA reg numbers/test results for DM and other genetic disorders. Contact kennels noted for providing studs. Ask for the same. Persist and if you do not like the results pass... the information is there for people with genuine interest.

·
Registered
790 Posts
There are some past posts talking about their bad experiences with Landos Boxers...they ended up with some unhealthy dogs (heart problems). I live in the general area and was also advised by reputable breeders to steer clear.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Why would you pass if the breeder is out of Canada? Is that because you do not see any health testing or because you would in general not buy from a Canadian breeder?
Quando, I think she was merely identifying who the breeder was or making sure who it was.

If a breeder is claiming it is health testing, what would be your next step?
It wouldn't stop at testing. I want and need to know the lines, the longevity of the lines, ages at death, cause of death, etc. If there's cancer in the line anywhere, what type.

I want to see proof/documentation of testing. I want to hear educated answers by the breeder when he/she is talking to me and answering my questions. I WANT AND NEED to know the health of BOTH sire and dam. I don't care if one or the other is not owned by her. Whoever is placing the puppies NEEDS to know this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I am new to this board, and am hoping I am in the right place. We are looking to add a boxer pup to our family and want to get a puppy from a reputable breeder. I have come across a few breeders, but don't really know who is "good" and who are the ones that are BYB in disguise.
I saw Landos boxers, and spoke with them (no visits yet) but am a little worried because they seem to breed and have lots of pups within a couple of months (different dogs though) and they also ship their boxers to whomever--is that normal for an ethical breeder to do that? Any advice/opinions are really appreciated. The owner sent me her contract-again, some of it seems great (heart/hip/temperament 3 yr guarantee) but some of it seems sketchy (if for any reason I cannot keep the pup, the breeder has "first right of refusal" for a discounted price). I am new to getting a pup from a breeders, so I don't know if this is common practice?

If anyone has got their pup/dog from Landos and has feedback that would be great. If anyone knows of another good-ethical breeder in Central Ontario (Prefer GTA/Simcoe areas) I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thank you so much for your help!!
My daughter and best friend both bought litter mates from Linda @ Landos. A beautful male and female. Unfortunatley they both died before their 4th ( yes 4th ) birthday. The male died of cancer and female died of heart disease. The female was diagnosed before 3 years old. She was kept alive on medication for 11 months before she passed. The male got sick quickly and passed within 3 weeks of getting sick. Linda sent my daughter $100.00 in December 09 with a promise to pay the rest of the warranty money. She has not seen a penny a that. Linda said the enviroment has lots to do with a dogs health but to kill litter mates under 4 yrs. with a month of each other with 2 different diseases is crazy. Both these dogs had autopsies which Linda has received a copy. I am the grandma of female and loved both those dogs.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I would like to see a copy of those autopsies otherwise that is hearsay and possibly slander ... I mean fine if its true it is but if it is one thing you all be saying here it is that we need proof right? well lets see someone post some real proof here... please and thank you ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is getting old!!!
Yet again I am under fire from people who have A. never done business with me B. never seen my facility or C. have no prior knowledge of my health testing procedures or pedigrees!!!
As a buyer you have equal responsibility to ask for hard copies of any health testing or pedigrees in any potential puppy you are interested in. I, as the breeder, I am responsible to providing these documents to you. If you the buyer find this documentation to be inadequate choose another breeder!
I am tired of repeating myself and wonder how this site allows this slanderous material on here.
As per Jazperdog, I find it funny that when I asked for autopsies to be done I was told that they weren’t done. So if they are please forward to me and attach it to this forum!!!! I don’t dispute the cardiomyopathy diagnoses and because of this I have ended that line! I have also notified all litter mates of these diagnoses and have extended my health guarantee to cover this disease. As a future precaution not only am I holter testing but have recently started genetic screening through Washington State University.
You wanted me to respond so here it is……..

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is getting old!!!
Yet again I am under fire from people who have A. never done business with me B. never seen my facility or C. have no prior knowledge of my health testing procedures or pedigrees!!!
As a buyer you have equal responsibility to ask for hard copies of any health testing or pedigrees in any potential puppy you are interested in. I, as the breeder, I am responsible to providing these documents to you. If you the buyer find this documentation to be inadequate choose another breeder!
I am tired of repeating myself and wonder how this site allows this slanderous material on here.
As per Jazperdog, I find it funny that when I asked for autopsies to be done I was told that they weren’t done. So if they are please forward to me and attach it to this forum!!!! I don’t dispute the cardiomyopathy diagnoses and because of this I have ended that line! I have also notified all litter mates of these diagnoses and have extended my health guarantee to cover this disease. As a future precaution not only am I holter testing but have recently started genetic screening through Washington State University.
You wanted me to respond so here it is……..
Are you waiting for the autopsy results before you refund her her money?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Absolutly not.....I have forwarded a cheque in Dec that was not cashed until March 25th 2010....Why would I send the remainder if the first cheque was not cashed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The second dog she is talking about died and all I got was an email that read....he is dead.....but when asked for reason and autopsy I never received anything....could of been hit by a car for all I know.
The last thread was removed from this forum because that purchaser had made untrue comments and I was ready to post our correspondance on here to prove my point. Next day the whole thread was down....wonder what happened there....better moderater I suppose??? Slander is illigel ...deframation of character here in Canada can wind someone in pretty big trouble!!! :dance:
Well I have better things to do ...like looking after my dogs!!
Anyone wanting a pup come to Landos Boxers....we have some great dogs here!! Great tempermants, excellent health , long longevity and I will be more then happy to share all information about my dogs with you!!! Linda:clap2:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have seen the documentation on the check in question; for privacy issues and to allow that party to display some integrity i think Linda is allowing them to disclose the information...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you brooklyn> I just received a private note to from Linda to "mind my own business"> As soon as I get back from holidays i will definatley post the two autopsies> This is not slander I WILL get and post the info>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just want to point out I have had no contact with Jazperdog....she is a third party to everything...she does not have to wait to get back from holidays as she can phone the parties I have sold too and they have been on here....they can post report...would be nice that I received it first. I only need to know how the second dog died....the first died of cardio issues which I am standing behind!!! This is the last time I will respond to Jazperdog....Lets see if she does what she said she will do...doubt it...I also wonder if she will ever mention on here when the contract has been fullfilled.................................???

21 - 40 of 52 Posts