Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Absolutly not.....I have forwarded a cheque in Dec that was not cashed until March 25th 2010....Why would I send the remainder if the first cheque was not cashed?

Does it matter whether or not the first check was cashed? You owed her the remaining money. I personally would have not cashed the initial check (partial amount) as well, as that can misinterpreted as the guarantee/payment obligation as being fullifilled.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Partial_Payment#Avoid_compromising_your_rights_on_accepting_Partial_Payment_Checks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't believe how rude some people are.. or how ignorant. I have known Linda for a lot of years and I have done business with her.
"Glorified puppy mill"? What an ignorant comment! I have spent my life adopting dogs who are from puppy mills and have medical and health issues because of this. How about you spend some of your energy attacking people who are actually running puppy mills. Energy better spent on that, rather than on someone who loves dogs as much as Linda does.
Linda more then welcomes people to come out see the dogs, facility and paper work. You would see that she is NOT running a puppy mill, glorified or otherwise. Knowing Linda, she would be more than happy to pick you up at the airport and bring you to her home and answer any questions you have.
I didn't want to say anything, but it frustrates me seeing her facility being called a puppy mill when I know it is not. People who run puppy mills are pathetic and I would never stand up for someone who had one.
Anyways, Linda's dogs, who I know personally, are beautiful, healthy companions that are very easy to train. I would recommend her 100%. If there is something you have any questions about regarding her website, she is more than happy to speak to you personally or, like I said, have you out.

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is getting old!!!
Yet again I am under fire from people who have A. never done business with me B. never seen my facility or C. have no prior knowledge of my health testing procedures or pedigrees!!!
As a buyer you have equal responsibility to ask for hard copies of any health testing or pedigrees in any potential puppy you are interested in. I, as the breeder, I am responsible to providing these documents to you. If you the buyer find this documentation to be inadequate choose another breeder!
I am tired of repeating myself and wonder how this site allows this slanderous material on here.
As per Jazperdog, I find it funny that when I asked for autopsies to be done I was told that they weren’t done. So if they are please forward to me and attach it to this forum!!!! I don’t dispute the cardiomyopathy diagnoses and because of this I have ended that line! I have also notified all litter mates of these diagnoses and have extended my health guarantee to cover this disease. As a future precaution not only am I holter testing but have recently started genetic screening through Washington State University.
You wanted me to respond so here it is……..
What health test did you perform on the parents of this litter? And what were the results?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I can't believe how rude some people are.. or how ignorant. I have known Linda for a lot of years and I have done business with her.
"Glorified puppy mill"? What an ignorant comment! I have spent my life adopting dogs who are from puppy mills and have medical and health issues because of this. How about you spend some of your energy attacking people who are actually running puppy mills. Energy better spent on that, rather than on someone who loves dogs as much as Linda does.
Linda more then welcomes people to come out see the dogs, facility and paper work. You would see that she is NOT running a puppy mill, glorified or otherwise. Knowing Linda, she would be more than happy to pick you up at the airport and bring you to her home and answer any questions you have.
I didn't want to say anything, but it frustrates me seeing her facility being called a puppy mill when I know it is not. People who run puppy mills are pathetic and I would never stand up for someone who had one.
Anyways, Linda's dogs, who I know personally, are beautiful, healthy companions that are very easy to train. I would recommend her 100%. If there is something you have any questions about regarding her website, she is more than happy to speak to you personally or, like I said, have you out.

I'm sure Linda is a nice person but there are 4 dogs on this forum from her kennel that are either sick or died at a early age. :(

http://www.boxerforums.com/finding-breeder/38252-hello-anyone-hear-landos-boxers.html#post560373

http://www.boxerforums.com/finding-breeder/38252-hello-anyone-hear-landos-boxers-2.html#post645957

http://www.boxerforums.com/finding-breeder/53491-has-anyone-bought-pup-landos-breeders-2.html#post754283

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I want to clarify some things on this thread. I am the owner of the dog that passed away from cardiomyopathy. Linda has the papers and is aware of the issue. As we can all see she acknowledged the issue and the problem and has taken steps to ensure healthy breeding. She has stated in her posting that she is haltering testing now. That is all we as boxer loving people can ask for. I will say this, in the short time that I had with my boxer she was bueatiful and amazing. She had an excellent temperment and was the perfect dog with my new born son. As for the contract Linda and I have communicated and she has committed to fulfilling it. That has never been an issue with her. How the payments come about is our buisness. The litter mate to my dog that passed away was her best friend. He had a very rare form of cancer. Thar is not a breeding problem just a part of life. Paper work was not sent for that because it had nothing to do with Linda. I cannot speak about her facility or her breeding program. She does have nice looking european dogs. I would advice anyone looking for a dog to do your homework and ask for hard copies of health testing on the parents and look at the pedigree. That is your job. I learned from my experience and Linda has learned about her dogs as well. This is life people. We learn, grow and improve.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You have been misinformed on the illnesses...I have medical records that show one of the dogs ingested something and was around a dog with parvo...Hmmm not responsable for that.....second dog was given vaccination that was not good!!!! Whoa dont believe everything you read!!! This forum tries to nick pic everything....why not talk about all the good things I do.....Like health test, clean facility, working class boxers, inporting quality boxers, show quality, long longivity, no inbreeding and most of loving my boxers!!!
People of this forum are quick to label everybody unethical or a backyard breeder instead, this forum should educate with out prejudice...every person has to start somewhere. As all purebreds, boxers have their own health issues, it is impossible to guarrantee every health condition that arises but through health testing we can improve these odds. If any breeder claims to have no health issues and can guarrnatee every puppy they sell to live to the ripe age of 10 -14 with no medical expences they are full of it...buyer beware!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
As I have said before Landos boxers are # 1 in our house and like Linda said if you can name a breeder who has never had a health problem with their dogs then post the name of that breeder I would like to meet them.
I think it is time to quit throwing stones at someone who deserves a "thank you" for
giving me and a lot of other people wonderful companions.
I know when I get up tomorrow morning my guy will be ready to go for his daily run and he will follow me around the yard all day.

Thanks
Linda

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have had a house full of sick kids and haven't been able to get on here..... I am so sorry for starting a feud, that was not my intention whatsoever.
Thank you for your thoughts, opinions and advice though.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You didn't start a feud, sometimes topics can get a little heated but like you said, the opinions and information can be sorted through and some of it can be helpful. That is the nature of forums and debate, I hope you will continue to use the forum and learn all about boxers. >:D<

41 - 52 of 52 Posts