Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
flint river ranch pet food? sumya went to the vet today and we worked together to find a food for sumya. we decided on  flint river ranch- fish and chips. i like the ingredients and the price .however i had never heard of it before, just wondering if anyone has.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that is it. we are going to give it a try.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sumyasmom
I use The fish and chips for my Pit bull that has food allergies and IT IS GREAT!!!
He use to have bald spots all over and shed horribly. We went through ring worm testing, skin scrapings, and tried all kinds of foods until I ran across Flint River Ranch while researching food.
I am VERY VERY happy with the results.
He no longer has bald spots and the shedding is under controll(still sheds but not as much) his coat is shiny.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Doesn't look too bad according to www.dogfoodanalysis.com  it gets 4 out of 6 stars.  Looking at those prices though, Canidae is cheaper (here at least) and rated 5 stars.  But if you like FRR I don't see anything wrong with it! :)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Starr05\";p=\"65084 said:
Sumyasmom
I use The fish and chips for my Pit bull that has food allergies and IT IS GREAT!!!
He use to have bald spots all over and shed horribly. We went through ring worm testing, skin scrapings, and tried all kinds of foods until I ran across Flint River Ranch while researching food.
I am VERY VERY happy with the results.
He no longer has bald spots and the shedding is under controll(still sheds but not as much) his coat is shiny.
glad to hear that someone had a good experience, i too am frustrated with the bald spots and skin scrapings. she also gets bad diarrhea so bad that i have to get a Rx to clear it up. i just spent 221.00 at the vet today!! i am tired of leaving there feeling like i have been robbed lol b-(  so hopefully this  food works.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
If it works Rebecca, it's worth it....Keep us posted on how Sumya does

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
What other foods have you tried?  My number one concern with food is price.  Immediately following that are the ingredients (mainly the 1st five).  I look for a quality food with a good price.  That seems to be on the high end of almost all the foods I've priced.  Merrick is by far the most expensive that I've priced.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we have tried science diet, bil jac and she is currently on royal canin.i am happy with the ingredients in the food, and the price (imo) is not much more than i pay for royal canin. royal canin costs me 36$ plus tax for 36 pounds, so you figure 1$ a pound. the flint river ranch is 40 lbs for $60 no tax no shipping cost.so that comes about to about 1.50  a pound and since i am supposed to feed her less of the new stuff it will last longer ( i am hoping! ) :roll: . the only thing i really am worried about is that it might be to rich for her.these darn food issues are so stressful!! :x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts