Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: Has anyone ever used this service?

I used it a while ago. I only used it for stuff like flea medication and check ups. Im not sure there set up for anything major. My brother had insurance through them for his dog in Georgia and swears he wont use them again...Not sure why, I will ask and get back to you..

·
Registered
942 Posts

I used them for awhile b/c I didn't know of any other vet. I'll only use them in emergency type situation, i.e. when my vet is closed, b/c they are open later hours. They were great at first b/c of the vet, but then she moved on and I didn't like the staff. The prices are okay, but personally I won't use them as a normal vet.

·
Registered
933 Posts

I'm not sure because I haven't used them but when I was checking prices to have Mo spayed they were about $50 more than the vet I go to now.  I'm not sure about all their other prices but that was high.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Okay...thanks for the input.  They contacted me regarding a job and I was curious of how people viewed the services they offer.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts

My parents used them for her cockatiel and i had used them for my own cockatiel when i had it. Personally i didnt like the service. The vet was rude, and talked down to me like i didnt know anything.Prices though were normal for our area though.

·
Registered
55 Posts

I use Banfield and I guess I got lucky.  The vet there is great.  When my pooch got bit I brought him in and the whole staff took great care of him.  They all seem to be big time animal lovers, so I guess to answer your question it's really hit-and-miss with Banfield.  I signed Ferris up for a yearly plan which includes a whole mess of things, even neutering, should I choose to get my pal fixed.

·
Registered
441 Posts

We use Banfield and they have been excellent! We got our first boxer from a friend, "he couldn't handle her" and we took her to Banfield and the Doc was able to give her the right medication(long story but, she was sick from the day he got her till 4 months later, when we took her in) and she is great now. Its been a year and a half! We now have another little guy and we have used Banfield for everything. The staff was awesome, the prices were okay(everything is expensive here)....I guess I'll have to post some pictures and introduce myself!

·
Registered
262 Posts

I go to two different PetSmart stores to buy things, but neither of them have that service. I had never heard of it before.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanks for all the replys.  I guess that their are alot of different thoughts on it depending on the staff and vet at your location.  

I have been talking with them on and off for about a month now and told them this evening that I was not interested.  Since it is a more "corporate" business with locations all over the US and out of the states, they run their hospitals with a more corporate "feel". I am more about service then just the bottom line and I get more personal with people and their pets then work as a sales person.... :) and I know that kind of hospital would not work for me.

But, thanks again for the info on them.....

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Good decision Sharon...That enviroment wouldn't suit you at all...I know a few people that use Banfield, some say good things, some don't, but what I got from them is that there is no real empathy between vet and patient....Kind alike a revolving door thing....Ugh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts