Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am seriously looking into this breeder she really seems to have it together. I was wanting to know if anyone had dealt with them her name is Jeannie McElroy. She is also a strong believer in the puppy aptitude testing any feelings with that? This is my first boxer I just want it to be healthy is my main concern. She is akc licensed an akc titling judge and does Healy testing anything else I should look for?

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
OK, I just saw it is an old thread! Still if I had seen it 8 years ago ... I would have taken great exception to "Euro's," being a "Fad?" The AKC American Line Boxer is the odd "duck," they did not exist until after WWII, when the troops coming home from Europe brought there "Dog's of War," back with them and proceeded to make changes to make them more suitable for "America." And they were a hit!

Different personality and different drives and most certainly not of the same stature. But same "temperament," apparently? Folks with Euro's seem to say that the Euro's are not a Working Line GSD in a Boxer suit ( not really a people friendly breed in my experience?) And they are good with people (everyone is not a threat?)

My Girl was 100% American and being Goofy was her thing and chasing bunnies was her game! And she was good at it, but as an "Actual Sport Dog Prospect," I don't know?

Several year's ago I tried to find an American Line Boxer in the US doing the LE K9 thing. And I found exactly one! And that dog had retired. I have never found another such? But real deal Euro K9 Boxer sure ton's of them. And they all seem to be in the Mid West and come from here.

And it seems that most Working Boxer's come from there and can be found in America in the Mid West? And most likely in the Mid West you can meet one, if you do something stupid. :)

In NV it's mostly WL GSD's with the occasional Malinois, and the very WL GSD/Mal or Dutichie cross. That last one is a real piece of work. I have heard stories on those guy's ...

And the percentage bit is not just a thing? A 50/50 male Euro/American should be larger than a pure AL Boxer (the ones I know certainly are) and they can be a bit more "Aloof," at first than an ALL American Boxer? Heck my girl did not know what the word "Aloof," meant?

Oh well just saying while the term "Euro," maybe a "Fad," it does mean something! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
I purchased a puppy from her and was sent pictures of a puppy and when the pup was delivered it was a different pup. I contacted her and she said it was the pup in the pictures I even sent pictures of the pup to her answer was pretty much take it and you find way to get it back I’m in California and she is in Kentucky. I have bred boxers on and off for 25 years just my personal pets and not stupid. She tried to tell me that markings disappear as thy get older.
Well now you’ve sparked my interest. Some white markings can shrink and disappear. Can you post pictures?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts