Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading today about how you can put a line of cayenne pepper across the threshold of your home to keep the little sugar ants away. I was thinking about trying this when my mom told me that cayenne pepper would burn the paw pads of my fur family. Now my mom is not an animal person so i am not sure where she got this info and i have never heard of it...but i didnt do it til i got some opinions. I dont want to hurt the fur family, and i want to avoid spraying any kind of insecticide.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know about if it would hurt the paws, but if the got it on their paws, then transferred it from their paws to their eyes/mouth...I can imagine that would hurt

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Ya, cayenne (red) pepper would work, but not good for the furbies! :wink:
I used to sprinkle cayenne in my rose garden so the neighborhood cats would quit using it as their litter box! :roll:

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
yep, i use cayenne pepper so the squirrels don't dig up my bulbs in the back, but i imagine Savannah Reese and Samson would not be huge fans of it!  :lol:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, so as long as i put it where the kiddos cant get to it then i should be ok. like around the perimeter of the house. so it keeps the cats away to....thats good to know :) i love my cats, but by golly there are just some places they shouldnt be. AND for some reason ever since we moved they think it is ok to pee in my daughters room...oh they will poo in the litter box....but pee is a whole other story. it is so darn frustrating...cat pee STINKS!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cayenne pepper might REALLY hurt if they get a cut or something on their paws, or if they step in water and step on the cayenne pepper it might hurt as well (i know it hurts my hands after a while when I'm coating chicken with it)... Also, can you imagine if they stepped in it and happened to use their paws to scratch their face? Ow!

You know what else is weird? Cucumbers keep cockroaches away (for those of you living in the south like me).

I use an animal friendly pesticide and spray around the perimeter and interior of my house... Works pretty effectively for ants!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iheartmyboxer\";p=\"84820 said:
I use an animal friendly pesticide and spray around the perimeter and interior of my house... Works pretty effectively for ants!
what do you use?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Cinnamon works to keep ants away, too. :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Zhanna\";p=\"84771 said:
Ya, cayenne (red) pepper would work, but not good for the furbies! :wink:
I used to sprinkle cayenne in my rose garden so the neighborhood cats would quit using it as their litter box! :roll:
We have really a really bad stray can problem here I will mention it to my mom when she comes down for the summer... the cats are always peeing on and eating her plants... squirrels too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts