Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv seen them very highly used and praised on the bully forums, and had thought about building one. rope is sugars most favorite thing in the world. i just wanted to know if any one else has used one or if your boxers have tried or enjoyed one.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
looks like good exercise

·
Registered
110 Posts
Very cool. Anything that requires me to barely move, yet will give my boxer a good workout seem fine by me :)

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I am going to make one that's mechanical and is 20 feet long. This way I can sit on the couch and use it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am going to make one that's mechanical and is 20 feet long. This way I can sit on the couch and use it.
It would be cool to attach the toy to a remote control car then have them chase while sipping a martini.....

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Lol, I agree RC cars are a good idea, but you need a fast one and lots of space lol!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Never heard of it called a flirt pole..lol We've done this with a beanie baby and a fishing pole. Great exercise. The lazer pointer will give you the same result's if you want to sit on the couch. Well minus the personal exercise and finger cramp...:drool:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
For horse people, you can make a flirt pole out of a long lunge whip.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You have to move the flirt pole around, so the dog chases it like a lure. You can vary how you move it, to keep the dog interested (in circles, zig zags, etc.). Here's another video on how to make a simple flirt pole and how to train a dog to use it:
Training Video: Flirt Pole Basics on Vimeo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts