Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is Anne, Cactus' mommy.  I took him to the vet today.  His birthday is August 13 so he is just about four months old.  He is 28lbs.  I was wondering for those of you with four month olds, what size are they?  Also for those of you who have had your dogs for a while and they are fully grown, what size were they at four months old and what size are they now?  
~Anne

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gunner is 5 mos. and he is 35 lbs.  Scout was a little less than that.  Scout's frame is smaller and Gunner will soon outgrow him.  I think it really depends on their parentage as to what size they will end up.  Scout's parents were quite a bit smaller than Gunners.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But do you remember what he was at four months so I have some sort of gage.... I am just clueless.... the vet said Cactus is growing quickly and in a big way. I want to have some idea as to what weight he will be.... his daddy is 80lbs.  Cactus' mother is bigger too but I think that is because her owner free feeds and the mom was bit chunky.... then again I do not know how long it takes a female dog to lose her pregnancy weight... I dunno..... just looking for a measuring stick of sorts.  I guess I will really never know until he stops growing just how big he is going to be.  I don't really care as long as he is seizure free- he could grow to be mastif size and  I will be pleased if he is healthy!
~Anne

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Chances are if Cactus' parents are big, more than likely Cactus might be also. Don't worry so much. 80 lbs is pretty good sized, I believe the last time Buck was weighed he was 4 & weighed 69 lbs..No fat on him at all... I honestly don't remember what he weighed at 4 months, but he was always thin, so that wouldn't be much help. You will be able to tell if he's getting to heavy, you should always be able to see his ribs a bit & he should have that thin backend. Kinda curved in..

What did the vet say about the bump Anne?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bump is Cactus hitting his growing head on things.  He is not used to his size yet.  Kinda funny I guess.  I must be more worried about things than nesseccary because of the seizures. Oh well.

As for his size, I know his parents are his best gage but even that is a coin toss.  I want to compare.  I am curoius like that.  Hope you have a good day!
~Anne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Buddy was 32 pounds at 4 months.  It is amazing how fast they grow.  I am glad to hear that Cactus's bump was nothing more than him hitting his head.  That would have had me worried.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If I remember correctly Soloman was around 45lbs at 4mon old. He also had a larger father at over 85lbs. It was normal for him to put on almost 10lbs a mon. At 7 mon he is 68lbs. I hope this stops soon or he is going to be over 100lbs by the time he is a year old ( by the way he has no fat on him)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry is four months old and weighs 29 pounds.  He also bumps his head on things.  His mom is very small, only about 45 and dad is 70.  Our last pup was a rottweiler, weimaraner mix and weighed 50 at five months when we got him.  He always bumped every part of himself on something!  He was 21 months and 120 pounds when he went to puppy heaven.  We'll never know how big he would have gotten, he was still filling out.  Miss him terribly.
I think your pup is probably doing just fine.
Zhanna

1 - 8 of 8 Posts