Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5mth male boxer still squatts when he pees  :lol: .  When will he start lifting his leg?  Is there any training that I can do to get him to?

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haha i think its cute..they all do that..shouldnt be too long til he does...my male does both still and hes 5..lol jsut depends on how he feels about it that day..

im sure others can give you a more professsional sounding answer .. just my opinion and 2 cents :)

welcome to the forum BTW...:)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
My close to 2 year old male still stands to pee.  He only does that when he's held it for a long time and has to go really bad, otherwise he lifts his leg.  I don't think it matters much to me whether he lifts his leg or not, as long as he does it outside!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
My last male squatted until he was 2 years old. He was neutered at around 5 months andt to tell you the truth, I liked it better when he didn't lift his leg!  :p

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
[quote="Kate\";p=\"38105":3o90r611]My close to 2 year old male still stands to pee.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi. My moms goldendoodle, an almost yr. old male, still squats to pee.  According to her vet., if a male is neutered too early, they may never hike.,....so Jake may never hike....he was fixed early.  My sisters black lab mix, almost 2 yrs. old sometimes squats, sometimes hikes.  WHo knows when they will....or if they ever will.  Stubborn little dogs!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Buck was about 10 mos whe he started to hike, but some boxers I know waited til much later..You can't train them, it just happens...And some never do....Samson wasn't neutered til he was 6, so obviously the "hiking" was something very ingrained into him  :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Diesel still squats to pee. I think I prefer it that way. Otherwise I'd be cleaning pee off the white fence in the backyard. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts