Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after Diesel's toe nail problem, it hasn't gotten any better. Actually it's much worse. His toe is now swollen, and the nail itself is crooked! So I got an appt for 12:45 today. I'm afraid they're going to have to remove the nail. I'm scared for him. I cant even bend down to look at his injured foot without him pulling it away from me. I can only imagine how much it will hurt him with the vet poking and prodding at it.

Wish him luck guys. I don't think he's going to have much fun today. :(

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Good luck Diesel!  I hope everything goes well and you feel better soon buddy!  Big get well hugs from Lola!  Let us know how it went when you get back.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Awww, poor diesel. I hope his toe feels better soon, and I bet it hurts. Let us know how the vet goes, good luck. I'm sending healing vibes to Diesel.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope they can fix it quickly so he can feel better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just to say that I'm sending happy thoughts and I hope they can sort it out with minimal discomfort to Diesel.  

Hugs from another Boxer/Pug family :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I hope the vets fix the nail!  Charlie was supposed to get his stitches out, but yesterday afternoon both vets were out.  So we're going to take him this afternoon and hopefully he'll get his stitches out.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Poor thing.  Hopefully the vet can find out what is causing the problem and fix it!  Hugs to the little guy!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww, poor Diesel. We will be thinking of him today, and I hope he's feeling better soon! Let us know how he does at the vet.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm so scared, my stomach is in knots. I just wish I knew what was going to happen. I've got 45 minutes to calm myself before Diesel picks up on it. Plus I'm hoping he doesn't hate the vets office after this.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hoping everything goes well at the vets..Hugs to you & Diesel...Stay calm for him, ok? He will pick up on your nrevousness....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Poor D...just stay calm and maybe bring a few of his favorite treats to give him while they're poking around his foot (unless they take him in back)?  Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Diesel is a tough one or he wouldn't be Diesel. Just stay calmly strong and he will pick up on those vibes. keeping fingers crossed as well as Vega's Paws. Really I gave her the command to cross and they are, seriously. ;)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok we're back. Although I was still nervous about it, he sure wasn't. Jumping on everyone at the office. The vet had me hold some treats while he checked his foot, and ended up giving me antibiotics, and pain meds. With a recheck in 10 days. He said if those dont work, they may have to put him under to either cut the nail really really short, or remove it. I asked about Ace, they don't use it there, and also found out his aprox neuter price would be around 250 because of the undescended testicle.
So that's that then. Probably within 10 days, he'll be getting fixed. I've got my fingers crossed that he wont need any extra work on his toe!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Thats good news.  Glad it went well and hope the meds work on his toe.  If not then they can always fix the toe when they remove his boy parts :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, that's what the plan is, should he need additional help with his toe.
My husband still doesn't want to get him fixed. he keeps getting squeamish every time I bring it up. he cant even say that Diesel has an undescended testicle, he always makes the quote sign with his hands and says his "Issue"    :roll: ..men

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
[quote="DieselsMom\";p=\"41790":23uhh8sk]Yeah, that's what the plan is, should he need additional help with his toe.
My husband still doesn't want to get him fixed. he keeps getting squeamish every time I bring it up. he cant even say that Diesel has an undescended testicle, he always makes the quote sign with his hands and says his "Issue"

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok well...back from the vet again! at 6pm I had to rush him in, cause his nail was completely sideways, with some quick sticking out next to it! So they numbed it, and easily pulled the nail off. It's all wrapped up, in a pretty purple polka dot bandage (my daughter picked it out...sorry Diesel) He's gotta go back saturday now to get the bandages changed.
But on the way out, one of the nurses warned me...be careful going out, another boxer out there!  and of course, as soon as Diesel walked out to the lobby, he, and the other boxer were jumping into the air, and spinning in circles (while in the air!!) It caused quite a stir in the lobby, while everyone was getting a kick out of seeing them play around.
So it was a bit of a positive end to a stressful day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts